How to Fall in Love (40)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Hi, you beautiful girl! Thank you for reading 39 chapters of "How to Fall in Love" thus far! We've reached 40 chapters now, and it's time to say it: "How to Fall in Love" is nearing its end. We're going up the roller-coaster ride, and once we reach the zenith, the ride back to the starting/finishing point will beI guarantee you thisfast.

We've gone a long, long way since February 2013, and wherever I am now is not just because of this story, or because I chose to post it.

It's because of you, who choose to support it.

Thank you so goddamn much!

Dedication of this chapter goes to @lamein, for her indefatigable support. What am I without you?

Song to the side is "Linger," by The Cranberries. Beautiful.

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! Tell me what you think when you finish reading it? :)

- Myka

P.S. It amuses me how comments on the eleventh chapter, even up until the nineteenth, are of your aversion towards Finn Laurel. It is a stark contrast of your comments now, and for the past few chapters, which speak of your fancy for him.

What has changed?

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  f o r t y

[  h o w  t o  l e t  f e e l i n g s  l i n g e r  ]

          I felt like a celebrity.

The nippy wind breezed past my ears when I entered the fortress of Laurel-Tech, greeting the staff as I walked to Emerald Mercy, who was always on the go with her supervision—the hologram schedule check-in of the employees.

Usually, that cut it—my interactions were constrained by my check-in with Ms. Mercy and friendly greetings with my co-employees. Then, I would head straight to the gilt-edged elevator, press the number 14 on the panel, and march over to my desk with scanty acknowledgement from co-employees inasmuch as there were numerous people in the Files Department (and ten of us in Daniel's team).

Today, however, proved to be different.

When I was done checking in, the other ladies in the Check-in Desk met me all too jovially, with an inquisitive spark in their eyes. When I went up the elevator and stepped into the Files Department, the inquisitive spark bifurcated tenfold—I didn't make it past one long rectangular desk before a sea of co-workers stopped me with their curious stares and questioning lips.