How to Fall in Love (37)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

     All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author. 

Piggy's Note:

Song to the side, "Lullabies," by Yuna, is partly what made me go through this chapter with a strong willpower despite the majority of my body, and my own nervousness upon posting this, convincing me not to.

Mostly, it was you.

So, thank you. For still reading "How to Fall in Love" after thirty-six chapters, thank you! It is an honour that you find HTFIL worth your time.

THANK YOU!

This is dedicated to C++ (@DerpyDerp_OfDerpness) for being such a cheery figure on this otherwise can-be-gloomy website, and for leaving such amazing comments all the time. You're the best, C++.

As promised, this is a #Fia chapter. Finn and Mia meet for the first time since their "accidental" kiss (thank you, arbitrarily-appearing man!) Do tell me what you think when you finish the chapter? I'm sorry if it's not up to par with your expectations... but if you liked it, don't forget to tell me, yes? :)

See you again soon? 

Cookies x muffins x cupcakes

Myka \(◕‿◕✿)/

Without further ado, here's the thirty-seventh chapter of "How to Fall in Love":

                                                         ❀❃❀❃❀

                                    c h a p t e r  t h i r t y - s e v e n

                                  [  h o w  t o  t o u c h  h e r  h a i r  ]

            When I told myself I'd work really hard to earn enough cash to pay for my tuition, I said I'd do it without depleting myself to utter and irreparable oblivion.

            I guess I failed.

            When my alarm ticked off two hours ago—it was now eight in this Monday morning of the twenty-third of September—I was all but ready to go to work despite what happened yesterday with Alex, but there was a problem: I was sick.

            I knew I was when I felt that my eyes were down my sockets, every crook and cranny of my body felt unusually hot in this otherwise windy weather, and a massive headache had catapulted into my head. It alarmed me, and when I took out my first-aid kit and used my thermometer, what I'd been feeling was explained—I had a fever. At 101.66 degree Fahrenheit.

            I decided not to go to work today.

            At present, I was drawing over my shoulders my one and only coat, before going downstairs and leaving the townhouse, opting for a walk to the only medicine stall in this subdivision.

            It was two streets down, on the same street as La Hermosa Ice Cream Shop, and I was able to purchase OTC meds and some fresh fruits without fail. That was until I bumped into Charlie Rose on the way back, when he was on the way to La Hermosa. And despite my awful situation, I still managed to share a conversation with him.