MORE FROM THE WRITER || Bonus Chapter, New Story

Hi, legendary lovelies <3 How have you been?

I'd previously told some of you that I had plans of writing a bonus chapter, set after Finn's "I love you" to Mia in the epilogue. What I didn't say is that it's actually been partially written for years now, and I've just never been able to finish it. I wanted to surprise you guys with a bonus chapter without any preamble, which is why I never gave a sneak peek before, but I realized that it was the justification I used to bury it six feet under the ground.

This time, I'm posting this update as my version of an accountability tweet. Not that I'm pressuring myself to finish it, but just to finally get its existence out there. There's another reason for it, too—I wrote HTFIL during my teenage years, particularly at a time when I was dealing with something heavy on my own. I wanted to write something wacky, something satirical, something unafraid to be random and confusing but still just as fun.

Similarly, I'm dealing with a lot on my plate right now. Real-life problems that burn me right at my very core. Going back to HTFIL to finish the bonus chapter I've shelved is like a reminder to myself: hey, Myka, remember that time when you were younger and dealt with shit you shouldn't have and you survived it and thrived? Yep, you can do the same thing now. And you can do it even better, too.

So, while I make no promises on when it'll be available to read (the last thing I want is for this to become another stressor), I can't just talk about it and not leave a sneak peek, right? So here, an exclusive look at what happens after the epilogue of HTFIL (ft. the charming and alluring guy I know we all miss):

START 

A chuckle resounded in the empty hallway, soft and short, before the shadow moved, and next thing I knew, there was a person standing in the doorway, just a few feet away from me.

Miles Royal.

He grinned at me, giving me a little wave. "Hi."

I shook my head. Marina Prep was strict about the people coming in and out of the school, especially because of how young and vulnerable the students here were. I should be surprised that someone who wasn't part of the faculty nor a family relative of someone enrolled in the school was able to get past security and reach the Faculty Room, but I wasn't. This guy was a force to be reckoned with.

"Why'd they let you in?" I asked, knowing full well the answer, keeping the smile wanting to break free at bay. "You're not faculty."

His grin widened. He offered me a little shrug. "'Cause I'm me."

I rolled my eyes, unable to hold in my smile anymore. "Arrogant."

"You mean challuring?"

"Oh God, Miles."

END 

So, there. Miles Royal in the flesh. Did you like it? I would've shared a scene with Finn in it, but I don't want to spoil you guys about that, it'll ruin the fun :P (But don't worry, the bonus chapter is me fulfilling my responsibility as your #Fia Captain 😏)

In the meantime, I do have another story up on my profile! It's a rivals-to-lovers contemporary romance, between two 20somethings who find out they're—GASP—neighbors. It's nothing revolutionary, but I try to inject it with heart and humor all the same. I'm a Wattpad Creator now, and this story is my way of getting back into writing (I'm very, very rusty) and just going with the flow.

(I do have a secret project that I'm working on—which has all of my heart—but it's not something I'd like to post online. I might be looking for beta readers for it in the future, though, so if you're up for that, don't hesitate to tell me!)

My new Wattpad story is called NICE TO (RE)MEET YOU, and here's a little teaser if you're not in the mood to click on my profile just yet:

START

Yanna Angeles is struggling to move on from her amnesiac ex

Yanna Angeles is struggling to move on from her amnesiac ex. That is, until she (re)meets her high school rival and sworn nemesis, Zeke Velasco, who's even more devilishly attractive than before.

So when he devises a plan for her to forget her ex, she, well—she can't say no.

⚊⚊⚊

"Such low pain tolerance," I huffed, gently applying ointment on his wound. And then I fought the urge to smirk. "What a baby."

"It's called being delicate, Angeles," he said with a sneering tone, but his lips were pulled down in a pouty frown.

Something about that almost made me smile, the thought that this self-assured, sometimes overbearing, snarky, sly man referred to himself as delicate. It was strangely endearing.

I shook my head.

Don't think about him, I scolded myself, and the word endearing in the same breath!

I schooled my expression into that infuriating look I know he hates.

"Yeah, Velasco," I said, softly rubbing my ointment-ridden forefinger against his shoulder, totally not noticing how, with his tense, ready-for-combat position, his biceps were flexed, bulging right in front of my eyes. "A delicate baby."

END

...And that's a wrap!

Thank you so much for reading all the way here, and I hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks for the bonus chapter and my new story. Do let me know what you think!

Hope you have a lovely, lovely second half of 2023, and please take care of yourself and don't forget to drink enough water! There's only one of you in this vast universe, and you're very important <3

I'll say goodbye... for now. Keep this story in your library so you won't miss the update in the future! But just in case you miss me, you can come over to Nice to (Re)Meet You anytime ;)

Your #Fia Captain,

Myka