How to Fall in Love (15)

• Dedicated to you

Copyright © 2013 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

     All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author. 

Short Note:

More like a filler. Ish. First time I've done it I think. This story needs one – it just sort of serves as a background check for both characters to each other. I hope you like it, lovelies! :)

                                                        ❀❃❀❃❀

                                          c h a p t e r  f i f t e e n

                  [  h o w  t o  s p o t  a  p r i n c e  i n  d i s g u i s e  ]

             "Your fate must've taken a drastic turn for that to happen," he said. All I could think of was: dear Lord, he was a fatalist, like I was. But when I didn't say anything, he looked at me, face sincere. "I'm sorry."

            I breathed out a tired sigh.

            After my burst in the Willoughby Perpetual Hospital sidewalk, Challuring expressed guilt in his prejudice towards me and without further convincing, I hopped in his car lacking knowledge of where we were heading. I figured he'd ask me subsequently anyway.

            In the span of umpteen minutes I'd been inside his car, I'd told Challuring what happened these past few days: from the rejection of Mr. Kendrick about letting me stay in his apartment and to may or may not be an idiotic move of me helping someone out.

            And the fact that by tomorrow morning, all because I tried to help that someone (no, he hadn't asked who that someone was. Maybe he was waiting for me to disclose the information on my own), I'd lose the home I'd been living in for a week.

            Challuring became much nicer then. I was surprised he didn't judge me any further. As I said, nice.

            Too nice, in fact, that his niceness was bordering pity.

             "No," I murmured, turning my head out the window to watch the buildings pass by. "Don't pity me." Feeling as if that was too snappy, I looked at him who was already looking at me, and amended, "Don't worry about me. I'm doing fine."

            He held my stare, his eyes even. "Are you?"

             "What is it to you?" I finally snapped. "If I recall correctly a few minutes earlier you were in my face screaming I'm a con artist."

             "I'm sorry."

            I sighed. If I were being completely honest, I'd also recall that a few minutes earlier I was finding him really charming and alluring and like he was Prince Charming, except instead of a romantic first encounter, we met through an almost-tragedy. Like . . . like what Belle said about Beast, the book she'd been reading so many times the bookman gave it to her. Prince Charming in disguise, Belle said.