How to Fall in Love (27)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Thank you for reading! It means more than the world to me, loves. Truly, madly more than the entire galactic forces. :D

Above is the trailer made by spamtomlinson, to whom this chapter is dedicated. Thank you, love! I really appreciate it, and it's lovely :)

See you again soon? \(◕‿◕✿)/

Cookies x muffins x cupcakes

Myka

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - s e v e n

[  h o w  t o  b r i b e  ]

          I lowered my voice, making it brusque and macho. "Is this just some joke to you?"

I shook my head, trying to look jaded, but feeling pained. I upped my voice on the tone scale. "Don't do this, Carlo."

I imagined a 90's train coming up from the left side of the room, all the caution bells striking. The people around hopped aboard the train, leaving Carlo and Vivienne the only ones on the platform. They were looking at each other like it was the last thing they could offer each other—but Vivienne broke it as she looked away and hopped aboard the train as well, leaving Carlo all alone.

I tried to look as unconcerned as Vivienne forced herself to feel, transferring that to my voice, making it brief, curt, and apathetic. "I'll see you when fate allows it."

I imagined there were furious tears running down my cheeks as I lowered my voice again, sounding as vilified as I ever felt, "You never loved me, did you?"

I let out an unbridled gasp at the look on Carlo's face. There was a fire in his eyes, burning strong, its flames cackling with resentment. As though he'd given his all to me—but all I did was look down at him, scoff, and trample all over his heart—and he'd had enough. Like he could never love again.

I shook my head, but for different reasons this time. I might be on a perdurable mission, a point of no return, but before I went off to see the other side I wanted Carlo to know just how I felt for him, just this one last time, and let him learn to love again. "That is—"

But the train's doors closed, and the train rumbled and tumbled, and off it went to the other side, separating the two ill-fated lovers . . . possibly forever.

I leant back onto the bed post, feeling the cool metal touch my skin. I looked at my laptop in frustration, looked at the title written in all capital letters: POSSIBLY FOREVER, looked at the keyboard that strangely looked as bushed as my hands did. I felt like banging my laptop against the wall despite having finished the last chapter.