Chapter 6

Okie dokie, so here is the next part.

It has not been editted. So I'm sorry if there are a lot of grammar mistakes

Enjoy!

Tell me what you think :)

COMMENT/FAN/VOTE!

Valerie played with a few strands of her hair, twirling the silken threads between her fingers, while laying down on her queen size bed. It has been a week since she killed Henry Gregorian, her next job won’t be until tomorrow.

    She closed her eyes and deeply sighed at who was her next target.

    Marcus SilverMoon.

    Damn it. She thought, rolling onto her side and opened her eyes, only to be greeted by total darkness as always. 

    She didn’t think this would happen. Not in a million years! There are over 7 billion people in this world, how did he end up as her next target? Valerie didn’t know who sent the request since it was anonymous, so she couldn’t go straight to the initiator. All she knew was that she needed to finish the job quickly and quietly, to make it look like an accident.

    Valerie knew why Roland assigned her to the task. She was great at making things look like a damn accident. Heck everyone believed that Henry Gregorian jumped over the balcony and committed suicide. He “died” on impact, thus his neck was severely broken in several places, and that’s that. No one questioned it, no one questioned his body guards, no one brought up the brunette he was with, it was made to look like a tragic accident. Even his damn step mother put up a good show that she was “distraught” and “depressed” over the lost of her step child.

    She felt no remorse for the pompous ass that she killed. It was a job and that was it. She got paid for it and everything. But Marcus SilverMoon wasn’t simply a job. He was her soul mate! Could she really kill her mate?

    He deserves whatever is coming to him. Growled her wolf, finally voicing an opinion about the matter.

    You’re not a very forgiving thing are you? Valerie thought.

    I don’t think I need to be, considering how he tried to kill us. Her wolf replied back harshly but Valerie knew that deep down her wolf wanted to be with her mate.

    That is true. She never forgot what happened 5 years ago. She never forgot the pain that overcame her 13 year old self when Marcus accused her of murdering her own mother. Then the consequence….execution. She was torn, her soul was ripped to pieces. What kind of mate does that? She was supposed to be cherished and loved by him.

    But she wasn’t. She wasn’t cared for by him. She wasn’t cherished by him. She wasn’t loved by him. She was thrown away to the mercy of the pack. She was never accepted by the council nor the pack members, she was never accepted by the children. She was never accepted by her mate, she was never accepted by Marcus and that hurt more than any insult or physical injury that Valerie had to ever endure during her childhood.

    Growling, Valerie pushed herself out of bed and walked over to her walk-in closet. She yanked open the door and sniffed around the room, distinguishing each article of clothing by its scent. She settled on leather pants, a silk top and a leather jacket.

    Valerie put on her clothes and relished the feel of the silk over her skin and the cool leather hugging her legs and her arms. She knew from experience that leather and silk was easier to maneuver in than any other material. And that’s what she needed, easy mobility. The quicker she was finished with this job, the better.