Chapter 21

Hey everyone!

I know this is long overdue and I'm so sorry for giving you all false hopes! And I know that excuses aren't gonna save me! 

But finals are coming up and I have to get ready to take on those dang tests! Also I'm going to El Salvador for 2 weeks! So packing and trying to get all of my shots. And most exciting news of all.......I'm going to Australia for 5 months to study abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus fellow readers, I have been trapped in a constant busy state and have been trying to get this part done as quickly as I could. Which took me over a month and I deeply, truly apologize. 

However, thanks for everyone who's sticking with me through this story! Its a slow update process, but once everything is settle I will be able to write more and more.

Also I'm currently working on a new story! Hoping to get it up soon, maybe....who knows! 

Ok enough of my yammering! Here is the new part!

Enjoy!!!!! 

Also excuse the grammar and spelling errors! :) 

She knew something was wrong.

She couldn't move her legs, arms, head or any other parts of her body.

She couldn't hear or smell, her senses were clouded to the point where she felt she was trapped in a fog.

The pain sparking from around her throat was unbearable. She wanted something cold to be laid against her skin.

She wanted water.

She wanted to move.

Her wolf was docile, barely responding to her requests.

Every once in a while, she would hear the she-wolf, but most of the time the wolf left Valerie alone, telling her to recuperate.

She didn't like the fact that she was helpless. That she was vulnerable.

She recalled what happened before her senses were all jumbled up and she was stuck in wherever the hell she was. She only knew that she was alive and she could only thank Marcus for that. Or the other possibility is if they took her as hostage and killed him on the spot.

Probably as a bargaining chip with the Bloody Star Rogues.

She hoped it wasn't the latter.

The only other thing that irritated her was the lack of knowledge of time. She didn't know if it was night or day. If a day, a week or even a month had passed.

That's what frightened her the most. And the dark numbness that continuously took over, like right now....

She finally gained consciousness again, full consciousness when she heard a voice that she instantly recognized.

“She's not staying her for the last time.” Roland's deep, authoritative voice resonated through her ears.

Roland? Here? What's going on? She thought curiously.

“And I'm telling you, she's not leaving for the last time.” Marcus retorted back, standing his ground.

“She can't stay here. You know that and I know that. If she stays she is trapped here. Do you really think that well make her happy? Being trapped in the one place where she doesn't belong?”

Valerie recognized that was Roland's reasoning voice, the mature tone that always made you believe that everything he says is correct.

“She belongs with me. I am her mate.”