Chapter 15

Yay another update! Not as long as last time! Thank goodness!

Excuse the grammar and misspellings!!!!

Enjoy :) 

It has been two days since the incident with Vanessa and four days since Valerie had step foot into the SilverMoon territory. She was walking around the market place pretending to be a good tourist before she finally sat down at a little cafe. After ordering a cup of coffee, Valerie was left to her own thoughts. Since she was in the market place, Alpha Magnus didn't think it was necessary to have someone guarding her the whole time. After all, who could keep a better eye on the newcomer than the townspeople who were all werewolves?

“Oh look isn't that.....”

Her ears picked up the snippets of gossip that were circulating around due primarily to her. Everyone now knew that a new wolf was amongst them and stories of the encounter between her and Vanessa spread like wildfire. Some say that there was a screaming match, others a silent glare down. Some even went as far as to say there was a legit fight between the two and that Valerie won and now Vanessa is hiding with her tail between her legs. The few that did say Valerie had immediately given up irked her but she ignored them.

Gossip in SilverMoon was the same as always.

Always about her, whenever she was around.

Valerie sighed at that.

“Here's your coffee miss.” The sweet voice of the waitress chimed into Valerie's silence.

She gave a smile and a small 'thanks' before taking a sip.

The dark, warm taste of the coffee filled her taste buds to perfection.

Best way to start the day is always with a cup of coffee.

Or sex. Her wolf snickered.

Or that. Sadly, Roland isn't here, now is he? Valerie internally said. A feeling of nostalgia came over her and she shook it off. Soon...Soon she will be back with her real family and back into Roland's arms.

What about Marcus?

The thought came out of no where and Valerie felt a pang of guilt at the idea of him but she quickly replaced it with anger and contempt. Even though he helped her with Vanessa that one night doesn't give him any damn brownie points for the past.

True. That damn jackass....The she-wolf agreed, half-heartedly.

You're not having a change of heart are you? Valerie questioned.

No of course not! Her wolf protested.

Valerie could feel the lie and smoldered it. Get that thought out of your mind. Remember, you wanted to kill him earlier and now you want to give him a chance? Make up your mind! I swear you're bipolar.

She didn't let the she-wolf reply and quickly settled on the pressing business. Now we need to get back to the matter of things.

Valerie was holding the cup of coffee and taking small sips while appearing to “look” around as to cause no suspicion.

Valerie knew that there was trouble in the Western and Eastern borders by neighboring packs. From the information that Jack so easily spilled, Lucas, Alpha of the MountainStone pack was closing in and putting pressure on the Western borders of the SilverMoon territory. While Bruce, Alpha of the RunningSky pack was pushing down from the East. The two packs wanted to take parts of the SilverMoon territory and it appeared (to Jack) that the borders have been decreasing slowly.

It doesn't make sense. Valerie thought. How could SilverMoon be losing territory? They were a powerful pack as I remember. How did they get so weak?

Probably the change in Alphas. Her wolf suggested.

Change in leaders? But that shouldn't change anything. Magnus took over and he seems pretty capable of running the pack. Valerie brushed a few strands of hair behind her ear.

Maybe he is running it well but not well enough. And what if someone has been slowly dealing with both sides? Maybe not Magnus, but another wolf from the council.

Valerie nodded. Do you think that someone is making the borders smaller but somehow Magnus and Marcus are not seeing it?

Maybe.

But what does any of this have to do with Marcus? Who would hire me to kill him? He's only the second in command.

What if Magnus isn't the one running it so well. What if it's Marcus? He's the one who appears to be in control of the place. Magnus might have the title, the fame and the glory of being an Alpha, but he doesn't appear to be the head wolf. Marcus is the ONE training the new pups, he's the ONE that everyone really listens to and he's the ONE with the most authority around here

But Magnus seemed like he is in control when he was addressing me that one time.

Of course, he didn't want to look weak in front of the council or to a wolf of another pack. Like I said before, Marcus is the one who's training the men, he's the one who has the authority around here and its only a matter of time before people start to think that Marcus should take over officially.

Marcus would never do that. Valerie played tapped a forefinger against the rim of the coffee cup.

Yes he would. Its in our nature to fight for survival and to thrive. Marcus might not fight back now, but he might if he is pushed towards it. He has a strong sense of duty to the pack. The she-wolf huffed out like it was the most simplest concept.

His duty might be to the pack, but he has a stronger sense of family.

I don't think so, he was willing to kill us remember? A wolf willing to kill his mate because of the order of the pack is not one to have a real connection to family in my books. Her wolf solemnly said.

Valerie quietly sipped her cup of coffee until there wasn't even a single drop left before standing up and placing a tip on the table. She started walking back towards the Alpha home, her mind jumbled with more questions and no answers.

So what do you think this means? Valerie asked her wolf.

You tell me.

Valerie thought about it for a while and she soon felt the scent of the Alpha home, indicating that it was close by.

You don't think that....Valerie pondered.

Think that what? Her wolf questioned.

Magnus might be the one who is doing all of this?

Her wolf was silent for a good 2 minutes before she replied.

Yes...

Comment!!!!

Vote!!!!!!

Fan!!!!!