Chapter 17

Ok sorry about that. I've been really busy with school and yes that has been my excuse for a while but college is kicking my butt like no other. I had a 10 page and 5 page paper due this week and 3 finals. Dear lordie, this is ridiculous.

But here is the next part of the story. There are minor grammar and spelling errors so I'm sorry in advance!

But ENJOY!

She wanted to punch something.

She really wanted to punch Marcus.

I'll rip his tongue out. And then skin him and leave him to the vultures. Not before using a spoon to scoop his eyeballs out. She thought darkly.

She couldn't believe what he said. How dare he mocked her and even when she almost plunged her dagger into his heart. It was kind of really hot, that he didn't flinch when she cut him or drew blood. But he should have been afraid or at least a little unnerved by her. Instead he submitted a challenge.

A challenge to win her over. Possibly aiming for her heart.

She would never admit it out loud, but she felt her heart skip a couple of beats when he said those words.

He won't. He won't win my heart or my soul. I'll make sure of it. She promised herself, her hands tightened into fists. She was going home, going home to the Bloody Stars, to Roland. To her life as an assassin.

She wasn't going to be trapped here. Not again.

Not here and especially not with him.

You should stop thinking about the internal situation and stay focus. We're entering the woods. The warning from her inner she-wolf broke Valerie of her thoughts.

Right.

She opened up her already heightened senses and ignored her emotional problems. It was not a time nor place to start worrying about tedious things.

They weaved their way through the woods, towards the northern borders of the pack territory. The scent of oaks, pines and mother earth mingled their way into her senses. She stretched her sense of hearing to go over 18 miles. Normal wolves are able to hear as far as 6 to 10 miles, while a few werewolves are able to hear a little further to approximately 15 miles. However, this takes immense training and usually not a lot of individuals can hear past 12 miles. Over the years of training, Valerie has heightened her senses to go beyond the norm, making sure that her other senses would not hinder her as her sense of sight was not there to aid her.

Stepping back into the woods brought back memories of he childhood where she would go explore and find ways to satisfy her curiosity of the world. While the other children had friends to play with, Valerie had the woods for adventure.

She ignored the feeling of nostalgia that was forming and followed Marcus' scent as he was the one leading them.

Once they were far enough into the woods where no one from the SilverMoon pack could hear them, Valerie voiced her suspicions.

“I think it's Magnus.” She confidently said.

Marcus turned around to face her. He narrowed his eyes at the accusation.

“What the fuck do you mean it's Magnus? I'm asking you to find the culprit who paid you to kill me, not make false accusations.” Marcus growled out.

“I'm not making false statements Marcus.” Valerie growled back, she swiped a hand through her blonde hair, getting the soft strands away from her face. “Hear me out. You're the true Alpha of this pack not your brother. He doesn't lead the pack the way you lead and train the men. The others listen to you because they respect you and they only listen to your brother out of obligation. Your brother is not cut out to lead the pack.”