Chapter 3

This is not edited. I'm sorry it took so long to update!! Lol school has been a killer.

Well I hope you enjoy!!!

Vote, Fan and Comment!!!

Merci!

She felt numb. She felt nothing. She felt so cold.

    It was nice to feel nothing, to not have any dread flowing through the body. Maybe now, no one will make fun of her blindness, maybe now she won’t have to deal with the constant gossip. Without anyone to bother her, without Vanessa to make fun of her, without Marcus.

    Without her soul mate…

    Tears sprung to her eyes, she ignored the salty sting of the droplets and just let her sadness take over.

    He gave her up to die, he didn’t care about her. Maybe it was better this way, then he won’t have to be tied down to a useless soul mate. She couldn’t be what he wanted, she couldn’t be what he needed.

    She tried to stop her tears, but nothing helped. She just wanted to die here, right now. Maybe then she would be with her mother in heaven. Maybe a wild animal will come and do it, end her life by ripping open her delicate throat. Better than being killed by the Alpha in front of the whole pack.

    Don’t you dare think about that, dying is never easy nor is it ever rewarding! Valerie’s wolf growled, demonstrating her dissatisfaction.

    I know but…She tried to argue back.

    Valerie knew that she shouldn’t think like this, that her wolf was a prideful creature, that suicide or death was considered a huge failure for her. Her wolf was built for survival, which helped Valerie through her tough times, she learned from the creature that resided within her, knowing full well that she was her other half and pretty much her only friend.

    You don’t know, until you experienced it yourself. Now be quiet, I need to think of a plan. Her wolf barked out.

    Valerie laid there, feeling her wolf pace back and forth. Sighing, Valerie let her senses take over and immediately wished she didn’t. Her nose had caught the scent of something, something musky, something strong, something coming her way!

    She tensed up, hoping that when the creature came upon her that it would lose interest and leave. Instead she felt him coming closer and closer, until finally he was standing over her.

    It hit her right off that he was a wolf and from the smell of him, he wasn’t just any wolf. This was a werewolf and a strong one at that.

    He huffed his dissatisfaction and started to turn away.

    WAIT! Valerie’s wolf protested loudly in her head.

    Before Valerie knew it, her hand shot out and she grabbed onto one of the wolf’s back legs. The wolf tense and she felt that he was about to retaliate, so she did the only did that will guarantee her survival, the one thing that she had been doing all her life.

    She begged softly, whispering “Please take me with you…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Roland wasn’t expecting much from his run that morning, he didn’t think anything out of the ordinary was going to happen. Instead what he was expecting was a peaceful time to recollect his thoughts about how to feed the other 3 and keep a roof over their damn heads.

    He left the house early that morning, making sure not to wake his sister or the boys, Oliver and Tyrell. When he got into the woods that was behind the house, he took off his muscle shirt and shorts, showing off his abs, pecks, and muscular legs.

    He bent down to all four and let his wolf take over. Feeling the change in his bone structure, the lengthening of his mouth and teeth, the rippling of fur growing all over his body. It was exhilarating. After the transformation, it took him a while to catch his breath. Then he was off like a bullet towards no direction.

    He ran like a gray bullet through the trees; dodging the branches, bushes and stones that got in his way. His paws barely touched the ground, he was free and he loved it. He loved running with no care in the world, running with the moment and allowing his problems to slip away with each step.

    The wolf stopped briefly to catch his breath, his tongue hanging out of mouth as he panted.

    It might be time to go back, Roland said to his wolf.

    His wolf shook its gray head and ignored him. Something had caught the wolf’s attention. But what?

    The wolf lifted its head and tried to find out what the scent was.

    Blood.

    The wolf started towards the direction of the smell. He cautiously walked deeper into the woods before taking off into a sprint. The closer the smell, the more he ran. Until he found himself next to the river. There on the river bed was a small, blonde figure. The wolf walked up to the body.

    He took in the scratches on her arms and legs, the tangle mess of her blonde hair, her small frame. She was too skinny, almost breakable. Her skin was clammy and extremely pale. Her side was caked with dried blood. The rags that were a sorry excuse for clothes were dirty and torn at certain places, barely covering her small figure.

    She wasn’t moving nor did it look like she was even breathing. He just came upon a dead corpse. He huffed in dissatisfaction and turned to leave.

    Her hand shot out and grabbed onto one of his legs, he tensed up, spooked that the corpse was moving. Roland was about to bit the hand off, but she whispered with a raspy voice.

    “Please take me with you…”

    Roland stood there and stared at the beaten girl, unsure of what to do. He couldn’t take in another stray, having to feed 4 people was already enough, having to feed 5 would just make it worse. He didn’t even have the time to take care of her either, Ariana might appreciate it though, being the only female in the group takes its toll.

    We cannot leave her here. His wolf growled out.

    But we cannot take her back, she will just be a burden on us. Roland argued.

    So you would let a fellow wolf die because of your own selfish needs?

    Rather that then let my family die.

    We do not abandon our own kind. Besides she can be useful for the group. Make her earn her keep. The wolf whispered, before shutting up and waiting on Roland’s decision.

    Roland looked down at the girl once more before he shifted back into his human form. She looked up at him with eyes that were unfocused, staring past him like he wasn’t there.

    “You’re blind.”

    “Yes…” she whispered

    “What can you do? I don’t have time for a stray dog.”

    She flinched at his words, before replying “I can do anything you want me to, I will work hard. Please just don’t leave me here.”

    Roland sighed before bending down and picking up the little girl, she squeaked at the sudden movement before settling down.

    “Fine.” He said and started towards the house.

    “Thank you.”