Chapter 10

Hey! Happy New Year!!!! Let's welcome 2013 with a new chapter!

Its uneditted, so excuse my grammar and diction :P

But enjoy!

Marcus was a little unnerved by the silent blonde walking beside him.

    She was quiet, extremely quiet since the meeting with the councilmen and the Alpha. She didn’t open her mouth to say anything or object after they were out of the room.

    And that was unnerving.

    Considering what she could do with her daggers.

    Marcus continued walking and shortening his stride so that she could keep up. He was starting to feel a little guilty, by not consulting with her about his new addition to their task. He could reason with her and tell her that it would be better for them to be together and stay in constant contact with one another instead of her being on the other side of the estate.

    But underneath that reason, he knew he added the bit about her staying with him because he didn’t want her to leave his side. He didn’t want her to be apart from him for more than a minute. He finally got her back into his life and he plans to keep her there. Hopefully after this, after they find the asshole behind this, he could convince her to stay with him.

    “Marcus…let go of my arm. I might be blind but I never needed anyone to guide me for the past 5 years and I’m not starting now.” Her cool response broke him from his thoughts and he reluctantly let go of her arm.

    “I just wanted to make sure you don’t run into anything. You don’t know the layout of the place.”

    “Enough to know where your room was.” She whispered under her breath, but he heard her anyway.

    Once they were in the safety of his rooms, he locked the doors to make sure that they would not be interrupted. And turned around to find Valerie standing silently beside him.

    “So where am I going to sleep?” She asked, she started walking around the living room area, moving like she knew where every piece of furniture was.

    “The room right next to mine.” He answered, his eyes never leaving her figure. He cleared his throat before asking her the question that he didn’t want to ask “Are you alright?”

    “About what?” Her voice was devoid of any emotion and he knew then that he was in deep shit.

    “About the whole rooming arrangement.”

    “Now why would I be bothered about that?” Valerie had just finished walking around the room and was now standing in front of him, her arms crossed in front of her chest. “I mean why should I care that I don’t get a say in any of this. I am merely just helping you out. Its not like I have any right to say anything since you hold my life in your hands. Now why should my opinion matter at all?”

    Marcus actually took a step back from the venomous tone of the woman in front of him. He composed himself before replying.

    “I thought it would be a good idea so that we don’t have to sneak around and create any suspicion. Like you said, the guy doesn’t know that you are the assassin.”

    “But that doesn’t explain why you didn’t consult with me earlier about this? Damn it Marcus, are we in this together or not?”

    “Of course we are!”

    “Then you can’t just jump new plans in front of me when I barely know if I can trust you enough with my life!” She growled out.

    He felt his anger rising at her words, he felt the restlessness of his wolf trying to break free and show her that she could not defy him, that she should not defy him. He let his fury get the better of him.

    “What do you mean you can’t trust me with your life? Like you said before, your life is in my damn hands!”

    “Because you blackmailed me.” She said, her voice calm and collected like that of a regal queen. She didn’t raised her voice, she never did when she was angry.

    “Rather than having you try to kill me again. How the hell do I know I can trust you?” He shot back, she didn’t back down.

    “Because unlike you, I never go back on my words. I never would break a deal.”

    “What are you talking about, I have never gone back on any promises that I have made in the past.”

    “How about the unspoken oath of protecting a soul mate for all eternity? To never allow harm to your chosen mate, to always protect her above all else. To never turn your back on her! And certainly to cherish her above all others because she is the other half of your soul!”

    Her words cut through his heart and he unconsciously raised a hand up to where his tattoo was hidden, to the exact spot where hers was concealed by her shirt.

    “You tried to kill me, how does that not break the oath?” He questioned back, trying to raise a foundation for his defense.

    “You lost all right to call me your mate and to be even considered my mate after you tried to kill me all those years ago.” She whispered, then shaking her blonde head she sighed and raised a hand to her forehead, trying to ease away the headache forming.

    “You know what Marcus? I’ll find the asshole who got us into this mess and I’ll make sure he pays. Then I will be out of your hair and your life for good.”

    “Is that really what you want Valerie? To be out of my life?” His brown eyes taking in her heart shaped face and her beautiful features, seeing the little signs of exhaustion on the corners of her lips.

    “Yes, that is exactly what I want. More than anything right now.” Valerie said with certainty.

    “Fine.” His voice reigned with resignation.

    “Good. I will start on the search tomorrow. Now where is my room.” She asked and he guided her towards the bedroom next to his. Marcus would know if she tried to escape because that was the room without a window, she would have to go through the front entrance.

    She shut the door and locked it securely on the inside.

    Marcus was glad that she was blind for she could not see the glint of determination shining in his brown eyes.

    He would make Valerie fall in love with him. She might think she won this argument with him, but she was far from winning the war between them. Whatever he has to do, he will do to keep her in his arms.

    He can’t lose her again. He simply can’t lose his soul mate again.

    And he was determined to make sure that will never happen.

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!