Chapter 13

Hey everyone! Here's the next part of Unseen Strength. I know its taking me so long to update and I feel absolutely awful. Thanks for sticking through with this story :) 

This next part isn't as exciting, so I'm sorry! But don't worry, next chapter will have a little more action ;) 

Sorry for the grammar mistakes!!!

Enjoy :) 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to help with those?” Jack offered, his warmth dangerously close to her, invading her personal bubble.

“Nah, I’m good. Besides you helped enough with the supplies.” She smiled softly, scooting a little to her left, putting some room between her and him. The shopping bag in her left hand felt like nothing compared to the 30 pound weights that Roland made her wear for a whole month to increase her strength. 

“Oh come on, they look really heavy for a little gal like you.” 

“This ’little’ gal can take you on any day.” She retorted back, lessening the stinginess of her tone, trying to add a little playfulness into her statement. 

“Oh really? How much do you want to bet?” He playfully joked back.

“Are you sure you want to know? Because I don’t think you want any of this.” She gestured to her body.  

He whistled through his teeth, “Well I definitely say challenge accepted.” 

“I definitely say don’t talk like that in front of your second in command, he seems like a hard ass that has never gotten laid before.” She pushed her blonde mane with her free hand from her shoulders. 

“Psh, I wish that was the case.” 

Valerie almost tripped over her own feet, but quickly recovered but not before Jack noticed. 

“Wow, you alright?”

“Yeah, just stepped on my own feet, clumsy of me.” She plastered a fake smile on her face and changed the subject back to what they were originally talking about. “So, your second in command does get around huh?”

“Oh yeah, he has a girl over every week. I mean its not as much as his brother who usually has a girl over twice a day. But Marcus does seem to have a girl waiting for him in bed whenever he opens his mouth.” Jack said, rubbing his chin in thought. “Now that I think about it, he’s a real ladies man in his own right. I mean when I need to get laid, ladies don’t come running to me. But with Magnus and Marcus, every time they want it, girls just flock to them.”

Valerie stayed quiet, feeling anger course through her veins. Her wolf wasn’t helping either.

Let me out! I swear, I will kill him. Let me get my claws on his dick. Oh it will be ripped off in seconds! I swear, just let me at him. Her wolf growled out, trying to claw her way out.

Valerie took several deep breaths to calm the she-wolf down. 

Jack wasn’t paying attention to the internal battle within the female beside him, instead he looked down at his watch to check the time and almost swallowed his own tongue. 

“Oh shit! Its that late? Crap, Marcus will kill me.” He shouted out, making Valerie stop in her tracks.

“What?” Valerie tilted her head, she knew it was evening due to the crickets chirping in the fields that were 2 miles away and the temperature dropping every minute. Even though her body temperature was constantly regulated, she was still sensitive to the shift within the air around her. 

“Its like late.”

“How late it late?”

“Its 9:45!”

Valerie knew she had a dumbfounded look on her face and it was not fake. “You have got to be kidding me. Really?”

“What? We can’t allow visitors to stay out pass 9 PM, you know with the whole wolf changing thing. We don’t want any of the humans to witness that. They would have a field day.” 

“Can’t you control that and wait?”

“Of course we can, it’s the teens that we are more worried about. You know how teenagers are.” He grinned down at her.

“Fine, let’s get back. Before Marcus bites your head off.” 

Let’s go and bite Marcus' head off! Her wolf voiced. 

Enough! We will get rid of him soon. After this whole finding the caller thing is over, its good bye Marcus and hello freedom. Valerie internally said, which satisfied her wolf because the whole walk back she didn’t make a peep. 

As they got closer to the SilverMoon’s abode, Valerie tensed as she felt a pair of eyes watching their movements. Valerie stopped in her tracks and turned slightly around to catch the faint scent of intruder. 

Which alerted the bastard because the faint scent was soon gone. She cursed herself slightly. 

“Hey Abigail!” Jack grabbed the female’s forearm. “What are you doing?” 

“Huh? Oh nothing, thought I heard something.” She lied. 

“You sure?” 

“Yeah.” She assured the male, before both continued on their way to her prison.

She pondered over the scent that the intruder left. From the scent she knew he was male and most definitely not a werewolf. He was definitely human, not a very intimidating one either. 

“We’re here!” Jack happily yelled, breaking Valerie from her train of thought. “I’m just gonna head to my station, its almost my turn to go on patrol tonight.”

“You’re not going to check in with Marcus?” Valerie curiously asked.

“Haha,” He laughed nervously, “I’m pretty sure he will chew my ass off.” 

“Well let’s find out shall we?” Valerie smiled playfully and opened the door. 

The scent of apple cinnamon was so strong in the air and with it came old painful memories. Which were caused by the one bitch that terrorized Valerie’s childhood. 

A bitch by the name of Vanessa Vilston. 

Vote!!!!

Comment!!!!

Fan!!!!!