My Escape

___________

Hello everyone! I can't even believe it, time has gone by so fast. Next chapter will be the last part, but do not worry, I will be getting the sequel up sometime this week. I have already made the title page, and it took me quite a while to find the perfect images, but I am really happy with it. I can't thank you enough for all of the support you have given me, just by voting on each chapter and commenting brightens up my whole day, I love all of you guys so much, thank you!

Peace

____________

Kaji's POV

I wait for a few moments, hearing Itachi's heavy breathing, notifying me he is deep in sleep.

I was not going to mess this plan up.

People have sleep cycles of an averaged time of 90 minutes, so I waited four and a half hours to make sure he was in a deep sleep cycle. It starts out with a light sleep cycle, and then turns into a deeper one as the night goes on, finishing with a lighter sleep cycle. I've been awake for so long, listening... waiting.

I've been doing so many things that make me feel strange inside. Giving people presents, complimenting them, spending quality time with them. I've started to get in the habit of laughing... and smiling.

They weren't fake, though. I taught myself how to smile for the list I made.

The list I made before I left.

1. Help Hinata catch up with Naruto
2. Give Ino a dress, and compliment her
3. Give Tsunade a bottle of Sake
4. Treat Choji to some BBQ
5. Help Sakura with her medical training
6. Spend a day with Shino
7. Battle Neji and ask him to protect Naruto
8. Give Kakashi your book, write a note in it
9. Make sure Lee never gives up on anything
10. Train Kiba and Akamaru
11. Play Shikamaru in Shogi, one last time
12. Visit the Akatsuki
13. Sacrifice something with Hidan
14. Give Kakuzu your savings
15. Battle Kisame with the sword he gave you
16. Give Konan an origami heart
17. Give the charms to the Six Paths of Pein
18. Sing for Tobi
19. Kiss Itachi for the last time
20. Pray no one follows me

I couldn't make up my mind one who to side with. It was an impossible choise, a set of no win situations.

When you are asked to choose one friend to stay with, a choice that would influence the way you live the rest of your short life, you don't choose. You leave. You leave that bad situation and find a better one.

Besides, I'm sure everyone would be fine after a week or so. Cry a small amount of tears, and slowly forget about me. That's how I want it to be.

How I need it to be.

Not only am I doing this for myself, but I have to do this for my friends. I'm the barrier between the two. I'm the invisible wall that would've kept them from clashing. I'm the force that would've drove them apart, but I see now that I can't do it. Had I kept myself in that position, one of a traitor to one side and a saivor on the other... I wouldn't be able to stomach the look on their faces.

Betrayl. That would be inevitable on one of the sides faces. Or both. Konoha is my home, and seeing them look at me with disgust and hatred in their eyes, it would be like going to The Land of the Moon all over again, except with people I actually know, and have created a bond with. But seeing the Akatsuki, people that have gone through the same pain I have, and taking me in without a second thought, giving me shelter and food, giving me love, all in different forms... Seeing my family look at me with disgust and hatred, that would be just as bad.