Hello, Brother

_______

Happy holidays everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful week (except for all the finals some of you took, that must've been a drag) and it's almost Christmas! Here is a new chapter, hope you enjoy! I also realized that I've never shown you a pic of Riko (Kaji's brother) so here he is! I don't own the pic, credits go to the artist!

I don't own Naruto, sadly

Peace

_______

Kaji's POV

"Finally." I mutter to myself, quite a ways behind Team 7.

We finally arrived back at the Leaf, and I'm overjoyed. We had to spend an extra two weeks on that wretched island because Kakashi used his Sharingan too much.

Seeing the two huge familiar gates made me smile a small bit, but my thoughts stop as we hear a huge crackle above us.

Rain starts to pour down on all of us, soaking our clothes and packs.

We run inside Konoha, me finally being at the same pace with the group. I throw a wave over my shoulder as I run back to my apartment, not bothering to teleport. I love rain.

I don't love a lot of things, but rain is one of them.

My shoes make sloshing noises as my feet hit the dirt path beneath me, and water finally stops being poured on me once I reach my house. I strip down to my undergarments at the door, after I shut it of course, because I was most certainly not cleaning up water droplets on my floor. I sprint to my room and put all my things on the tile floor in the bathroom, then go back into my room to get fresh clothes. I gather everything I need, underwear, shirt, pants, and socks.

I walk back to the bathroom, again, and place the dry clothes on the counter. I pick up my wet clothes and move to the shower, wringing the water out of them.

I put my clothes on the towel rack to dry, changing into my dry ones. The outfit was basically a gray version of the one I usually wear, except it had a thin line of fur on the inside to keep me warmer.

I go to the kitchen and start to boil water, opening a packet of ramen and putting it in a bowl. My stomachs growls could be heard from miles away, and my mind goes blank for a second.

'Crap! Sasuke has probably been training all day, I need to go over and make him some food, hopefu-' I start to think, but then realization dawns on me and I walk back to the kitchen with slouched shoulders. I release a long and heavy sigh just as a scream from the kettle begins to echo throughout my house, making me turn the stove off and pour the water on the ramen. I put the kettle back and take the packet of chicken flavoring, mixing it in with the noodles and water.

I grab a pair of chopsticks and walk to the living room, sitting on the floor and eating my ramen. I quickly slurp up all the ramen and the broth, releasing a content sigh from my mouth, and laying on the wood floor.

(This song is called So Far Gone by Thousand Foot Krutch, listen to it!)

I know they say that the space between

Can make it stronger than we've ever seen

They might be right but I disagree

Cause I've never felt stronger than when you're with me

Sometimes I wonder why you even care

Cause even when I leave you're always there with me

And like a candle makes a brighter place

This mark you've made on me can't be erased.