I Couldn't Save You

____________

Hey guys! Ok so my friend gave me most of the inspiration for this chapter so yeah! I have like all week to write so watch out for more updates! Plus, I got Pokemon Omega Ruby and I AM OBSESSED WITH IT!

Tiger above is Shun!

I dont own Naruto x(

Peace

____________

Sasuke's POV

The leaves disappeared around Kakashi-sensei and I, and I could finally see clearly. I looked up and saw that the arena, that Kakashi-sensei described to me as "flat" and apparently "easy to fight on", was exactly the opposite.

There was a tree that was shriveled up, the ground was uneven and fresh burnt dirt littered the surrounding area. There were splats of blood on one part of the wall, and under it, there was a dead body. His head, well he didn't exactly have one at the moment. Blood was all over his clothes and part of the neck (the part that was still attached to his body) was burnt badly, the skin was still bubbling. A foot was slightly bent, and there was blood still flowing from his or her knee. There is part of a skull lying on the ground, an eyeball sticking out and looking deep into your soul, with hate filled brown eyes. I slightly shiver, thinking about how he was killed.

I look slightly to my right, and see somebody that is very close to me. Kaji.

But she isn't Kaji. She isn't the girl who would force me to eat after training, even when I was too tired to do so. She isn't the girl who would make my favorite dish and tease me about how I couldn't live without her. She isn't the girl who would force me to take naps when I finished training, making sure that I got enough sleep to balance out my sleep cycles. She isn't the girl who would watch movies with me after training sessions, commenting on the actors of horror movies' stupidity. She isn't the girl who would be so thoughtful on my birthday.

She isn't the girl who helped me develop part of my Sharingan.

She isn't the girl who poured her heart out to me, trusting me enough to tell me her life story.

She is a demon.

Kaji's POV

Sasuke and Kakashi look at me with those eyes. Filled with... fear, and pity.

The huge boom snaps me out of my trance and my head shoots right back up to where it came from.

"The Hokage's viewing platform." I growl under my breath, shooting the opposite end of the field on all fours. I'm too fast for anybody to see, but they feel the gust of wind when I run past them. I scale the building quickly, leaving a long stretch of indentations of my foot where I ran, and finally reach the platform.

No one is here.

"-Force field!" I hear four people yell at the same time.

My eyes widen and I sprint as fast as I can to the source of the voice. I make it up to the roof where I see a barrier a few feet away from touching the ground. My eyes dart up slightly to catch the menacing smirk of Orochimaru.

Orochimaru.

Without thinking, I move as fast as my legs would carry me, barely being able to get inside of the purple shield. I sense another chakra once the barrier closes around me, and I look to the left the see the Third Hokage.

"You know what has to be done, don't you?" I say, my voice being morphed with Minoru's, to the Hokage.

He nods his head, eyes full of determination, but also a hint of sadness.