Preliminary Rounds!

___________________

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't upload last night, Wattpad was hvaing some technical difficulties! But I have a couple updats for you today, so enjoy! <3 Oh, and check out that AMV! I love it ^_^

I don't own Naruto :(

Peace

___________________

Kaji's POV (at the announcement of the preliminary rounds)

My eyes were darting all over the place. I could feel his chakra, close. Really close.

But I can't exactly show my power to everyone, I still want to become a Chunin. But the exams are every year...

No. I'll get him when the time is right.

"This is a custom in which balance is reserved by fighting and dying. In the world of the shinobi, that is friendship. The third exam is a fight for life, with the pride of your village and your own dreams at stake." The Hokage tells the remaining genin.

"Any test is fine, just tell me what the details of the exam are already. I can handle anything you throw at me." Gaara tells him impatiently. Thank you Gaara.

The Hokage nods, "Very well then! Now listen closely, I am going to be telling you exactly what you will be doing in the third exam."

A shinobi comes up and bows to the Hokage, "Lord Hokage, before you do, please allow me, Hayate Gekko, to speak first." Hayate asks politely.

The Hokage nods at him, giving him permission to speak.

He turns around and looks at all of us, "There is something I would like all of you-" He starts, but starts coughing like a maniac. He finally calms his cough and begins again. "-to do before the third exam."

There is a slight pause, "Uhhh..." He trails off uncertainly, "We have to have a preliminary exam before we can move on to the real one."

A lot of the Leaf genin freak out, excluding me, and they all ask what he means. Did they not just freaking hear him?

"Uhhh, well you see, the first and second exams might've been too easy. The fact is, we never expected this many of you to still be here. According to the rules of the Chunin Exams, a preliminary round can be held at any stage-" 

Already knew that.

"-in order to reduce the amount of candidates remaining." Hayate explains.

"Uh, but is that even fair?" Sakura asks weakly.

"It's just at this stage we have to speed things up a bit. As Lord Hokage said, a lot of important guests will be watching. We can't afford to waste their time." Hayate tells us. I try to listen harder, I really do.

But his chakra is so close. I don't know where it's coming from. I could try and use my Teishi-tai, but there are so many familiar and unfamiliar heartbeats that I wouldn't be able to sense him. I growl slightly, he worked out every goddamn possibility, didn't he.

"They've come to see only the best. So if any of you feel that you aren't in the most top physical condition, now it the time to-" He starts coughing again. Talk about hypocritical.

"Sorry about that. As I was saying, any of you who don't feel up to this, now is the time to bow out. The preliminaries will be starting immediately." Hayate tells us, his voice still scratchy from all of his coughing fits.

"C'mon you mean right now?" Kiba yells.

"We just barely survived the last exam, don't we get a break?" Ino complains. Looks like Shikamaru is rubbing off on her.