Old Friends, New Enemies

A/N: So I wasn't sure whether I wanted to make a new story for season2, but I decided that I'm going to continue season2 in here :) It makes everything easier, and I'm almost at 100K views!!! Keep it up everyone and thanks for your support! Hope you guys liked this chapter and don't forget to leave comments :)      

Love you all! So here's to the start of Season 2!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            The sounds of sneakers squeaking and the low thuds of the basketball filled the tense air. Izuki ran up to guard the number 8 from Komada, effectively stealing the ball from him. Izuki took a shot, scoring two points. I grinned from the side-lines, pleased with the outcome of the game. We were at 72 points to Komada’s 65 points. I stood up with the rest of my team, untucking my #3 jersey.

Riko had decided that since my potential was rapidly developing and I had no way of controlling it effectively, she made me sit out the entire game. Riko called it “saving my favorite player’s energy so we can crush the other teams later on.” A small grin lit up my features as we all bowed in respect to Komada. I was ready to train harder and hone in on my new abilities.

----------------------- 

            “By the way, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Kawahara asked. “We finally have the day off.”

            “Well, I’ll probably sleep mostly,” Fukuda sighed wistfully.

            “I say that we should play!” I piped in.

            “H-hey!” Furihata exclaimed. “Why don’t we do this?” He held up a flyer for a 5v5 street basketball tournament. My cherry eyes lit up in anticipation.

            “R-really? Let’s play!” I cheered. “I haven’t played street ball in a while!”

            “Oi! First-years! Don’t you know what a holiday is?” Riko interjected with a frown on her face. Furihata and I grinned sheepishly at Riko. “Rest. You have to rest!”

            The three boys sitting across from me frowned, “We know. We know, but Kagami and Kuroko always get to play in games, and we already know Masami-chan’s incredible. But, well, we’d like to play sometimes too.”

            “Good! Good for you!” Teppei exclaimed. “That’s the spirit, boys! Right, Hyuga?”

            “Y-yeah.”

            Teppei began to pester Riko about letting us play street ball with Riko protesting. Eventually, Teppei won our cause, sending us a wink.

----------------------------- 

            “Wait, where’s Kawahara?” I swivelled my head around, trying to locate the missing first-year as Teppei tried looking for Kawahara’s number in his phone.

            “He got a cold,” Furihata explained, scratching the back of his head. “But we have enough players, so it’s fine.” Kagami sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

            “Oh well, let’s go.” I shouldered my bag and lead the group to the basketball courts. When we arrived at the courts, I glanced around, spotting the many smiling faces on the players. If only Aomine and the others could play basketball like this… I thought about the Generation of Miracles group.

            As Furihata signed our team in, I heard a familiar voice say, “You idiot, you wrote it wrong, Tsugawa!”

            I glanced over with a shocked expression, pointing a shaky finger at the group.