Recovering

A/N: I think if I added more unexpected scenes, you guys would comment and vote more haha. This is amazing! Lol jk ~ I’m not going to let Masami die for you guys haha. Anyways, enjoy chapter19! And don't forget to vote for "Dreaming On" @KnB_WattyAwards! It's under the category of "Others" ;) Remember, if there's a lot of votes by this weekend *hint**hint*, I'll be updating another chapter before Monday. <3

-------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

            “Damn it!” Kagami slammed his fist into the locker. “You should’ve put someone else in! Not Masami! She’s in the hospital!”

            Riko looked down at the floor with guilt written all over her face. She felt terrible for allowing Masami – a girl! – back into the game when her condition wasn’t stable. No, Masami-chan wanted to go in! She forced herself to go! That’s right, it was for the team. She shook her head, but it’s my fault for not making her sit down. It’s my fault for not paying closer attention to her when she was already on the brink of collapsing during the third quarter!

            Hyuga and Mitobe noticed Riko’s expression.

            “This should be a lesson for all of you! Don’t push yourself until your body gives out! And listen to coach, dammit! If she says don’t go back in, don’t go back in!” Hyuga shouted, giving Kagami and Kuroko a pointed glare. Mitobe gently placed a hand on Riko’s shoulder, reassuring her. Riko looked up, grateful for the support.

            “Everyone! We still have two games against Meisei and Seishinkan! We’ll win these games for Masami-chan! I don’t know about you guys, but I sure as hell don’t want to go back to Masami and tell her that her efforts were in vain,” Riko announced. Everyone shared a glance among themselves and raised a fist into the air.

            “Hai!”

------------------------------- 

            In the remaining two games, Kagami didn’t play and Kuroko experienced a sudden slump. Not even a shadow of the passes that had saved out team so many times were working. Seirin had lost to Meisei by a point: 78 – 79. The entire team was exhausted, especially after playing against the ace of the Generation of Miracles. Their minds were too occupied by thoughts of their fallen member and of their massive defeat from earlier.

--------------------------------

[3rd POV]

            “Sempai, would you like to play one-on-one?” Kise asked with a small smile on his face. Kasamatsu turned around, surprised to find the blonde back at Kaijou.

            “How did the finals go?” Kasamatsu inquired. Kise sadly shook his head before stealing the ball away from his captain. All that Kise could think of at the moment was the frightening sight of the small girl collapsing onto the ground and writhing around.

            Masamicchi…

 -----------------------------------

            Seirin also lost their second game against Seishinkan by a larger margin at 96 – 78. Seirin High School’s attempt at the Inter-High ended. However, all wasn’t lost. Riko lagged behind the team to text one of her friends.

            From: Riko Aida

            Subject: Sorry.