Determination

A/N: It has been a while since I last updated (like 10 days...)! Anyways, thanks to everyone for the votes, follows, and comments! You guys have seriously made me happy :) And thanks for adding my fanfic to your library.

If you guys could, vote for me in the KnB Watty Awards. This is under the category of "Others" and it would mean a lot to me! Here's the link --> http://www.wattpad.com/user/KnB_WattyAwards

Thanks for the support! Here's chapter 17 :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

            I watched as Aomine walked onto the court with a smirk plastered on his face. I growled lowly under my breath as I jogged after him towards Hyuga.

            “Hey, Tetsu.” Aomine’s deep voice rumbled. “It’s good to see you again. I was wondering what face you’d make.”

            He and Kuroko had a short conversation, though it was more one-sided on Aomine’s part. During that time, I had closed my eyes and slowed my breathing down. Hyuga noticed my silence and shook my shoulder.

            “Oi, are you sick? Dizzy? Masa –” Hyuga was cut short when I snapped my teeth at him. My eyes were still closed.

            “Shut it, Captain. I am seconds from tearing this court up with the players on it.” My voiced dropped to a whisper. “I’m trying to control myself while I am in the zone.”

-----------------------------

            “Guard him!” I shouted at Izuki, motioning towards the “apologetic mushroom” as Hyuga called him. Izuki nodded, rushing towards him while I ran towards #7, Susa Yoshinori. The moment Sakurai received the ball from Susa, I immediately noticed something off.

            The balance is off! There are too many of us all on this side! This is isolation, which allows Touou’s special players to move freely while the others gather to one side. It’s a one-on-one between Kagami and Aomine.

            I quickly faked to the right, leading Wakamatsu away from the net. He followed me, blocking me with his arms. But because my body was smaller, more agile, and lighter, I broke free from his trap.

            Wakamatsu realized that I was breaking towards Aomine and shouted, “Aomine! Your right!” Aomine whipped his head to the side, breaking his stare-off with Kagami to see me reaching for the ball. With his attention diverted away, Kagami stole it from Aomine’s left and ran towards the opposite net.

            Aomine sprinted towards Kagami, intending to block him off but I cut in front of his path.

            “Tch, a brat like you think that you can stop me? Not in a hundred years,” Aomine spat. I narrowed my dark pink eyes at him, not saying a word. I continued to hold him off, jumping in front of him every time he tried to break past me.

            “Kagami, you better make it!” I shouted, running side-by-side with Aomine. Izuki and Hyuga became effective screens for Kagami while Kuroko ran towards the basket. I growled when Aomine bumped me with his larger body, making me stumble. He took that opportunity and broke free, charging towards the unsuspecting red-head.

            “Kagami!” I shouted. Kagami turned his head around, noticing Aomine coming his way. I ran towards them, motioning for him to pass it Kuroko.

            Kuroko punched the ball towards me, using his special pass. I caught the fast ball and aimed for a three-pointer. I jumped up, pointing my feet towards the ground like I would in ballet. I let the ball roll off my fingertips and watched it as the orange sphere arced high in the air.