Confrontation

A/N: Mwhahahaha!! Guyssss! IT'S SPRING BREAK!!! I CAN FINALLY SLEEP! *cackles madly*

Anyways, here's the next chapter! I got too excited, so I decided to celebrate my spring break by dedicating my time to watching the 2nd season of KnB so I can get ready for the 3rd season! Ahhhhh! Hope everyone has a good break, especially you other college students out there! Middle/High school students - gambatte!! 

4/30/15 - An I don't know why I just remembered this, but I recalled ~Trufflerabbit13~ being the first person to vote for me in the KnB WattyAwards2014. Not only that, but I also remembered you dedicating a chapter in your KnB fanfic to me, which really meant a lot to me. Thanks for your continuous support!

———————————————

        With only twenty-eights seconds left in the entire game, we were winning – only by one point. However, that quickly changed when Otsubo scored a two-pointer. Damn it! Only twenty seconds left! My heart stopped for a second when the ball was smacked out of Izuki's hands by Kimura. The ball bounced roughly against the wooden floor, flying high into the air. Come on, come on! My heart started beating once again when Kuroko caught the ball and forced his way through Takao's defense.

        "Kuroko!" Kagami and I shouted. We glanced at one another before sprinting towards the net. Kuroko was forced to halt in his pursuit when Otsubo confronted him. I felt it before my brain actually registered it: Kuroko had passed the orange ball into my hands.

        "Shit!" Miyaji and Takao cried out, shock flying through their expressions.

        "Iku! Masa-kun! Iku!" My teammates shouted. I growled, curling my lips into a feral manner.

        "I'm going!" I hollered. I ran forward, going into a jump that certainly defied gravity at that moment. However, just as I was about to release the ball, I felt a presence behind me. Midorima's long fingers got into my way, changing the path of the ball. I angled my body so that Midorima was bound to crash into me. I withheld a grunt as I took the impact of his body hitting my petite frame. But what I never expected was to land harshly on my right knee. I winced, feeling the sting of cool air coming into contact with my freshly broken skin. Crimson blood began to trickle steadily out of my wound as I stood up shakily. Pain tore through my knee. The only reason none of my other teammates noticed my pain was due to the fact that I bit down on my lower lip to refrain myself from screaming out in agony. Only a few seconds left! You got this, Masami! I mentally cheered myself on.

        The referee blew his whistle, calling out, "Defense! Pushing! Foul against Shutoko's number 6! Two free throws!"

        I breathed a sigh of relief as Midorima walked away. Yosh! I can make it! I hastily wiped the stream of blood away, swiping streaks of blood all over my knee. I quickly lifted my black shorts up, and wiped my palm against my black sliders underneath my basketball shorts. I hesitantly took a step forward with my right foot, squeezing my eyes shut at the throbbing pain. I quietly released my breath and continued forward, ignoring the fire that flared with every step.

        As quickly as I could, I made my way towards Hyuga, Kagami, Kuroko, and Izuki. Their heads turn towards me and I smiled brightly at them.

        "Screen them out!" Hyuga demanded. "Don't let them get the ball!" We all nodded our heads.

        "We're just being prepared," Izuki added before turning to face me. "We're not telling you to miss, of course." I sweatdropped, knowing that if I missed, I was going to get the Boston Crabhold from Riko.