Try Harder

A/N: Dedicated to: animeandmanga4life for all those votes! I was really happy that you enjoyed all those chapters :) Thank you!! <3

------------------------------------

            I face-palmed myself. Kiyoshi had lost against Kagami…

            All because the teme wore indoor shoes. I wanted. To. Slowly. Strangle. The. Dumbass. I began to mutter incantations under my breath, slowly scaring everyone.

            “M-Masami-chan? A-are you o-okay?”  Koganei asked. I glared up at Kiyoshi, who was sheepishly smiling.

            “You suck.”

 ------------------------------------

            I sat on the bench, watching the practice match against Tokushin. It was the first-years playing against them, with the second-years and me sitting down. I stared glumly at Riko who wasn’t fazed by my sad look.

            “No means no, Masami-chan. You’re still in the wheelchair and you don’t have your wig with you today.” Riko firmly stated. I whimpered pitifully then proceeded to watch the game continue. Our score seems pretty low… but we won by 2 points.

 ------------------------------------

            “This year, at the beginning and end of summer vacation, we’ll be taking two trips – to the beach and to the mountains!” Riko announced. I was bouncing on my feet, happy to be free from the constricting chair.

            “The qualifiers for the Winter Cup start right after summer vacation ends!” Hyuga added in. They continued to inform us about the Winter Cup until Riko left, saying that she had to go inform the teachers about our plans.

            The moment Riko left, Hyuga called us over again with a serious expression.

            “We’re currently facing grave danger. In order to make two trips this year, we chose cheap lodgings.” I see where this is going…poor us. The captain continued, “We’ll have to make our own food, which is where our problem lies. Coach will be…”

            The second-years all visibly gulped.

            “ – cooking for us! It was so bad! Remember the Touou game? You saw her honey-soaked lemons!” Hyuga cried. Kiyoshi stroked his chin.

            “That’s not cooking anymore.”

            “W-why don’t we cook?” Furihata questioned. Izuki shook his head.

            “Practice is so brutal, no one can move at night.” I chuckled as Mitobe was clearly frightened.

------------------------------

            Riko had us all sit down for her tasting. Everyone was muttering among themselves, too frightened to tell Riko that her cooking sucked. I sat on the stool, drumming my fingers on the counter.

            “Hai! It’s done!” Riko beamed. She served us curry with chunks of vegetable sitting on top of the rice. “Just ignore how it looks! It should taste fine!”

            The boys – their brave souls – took a bite and were instantly grossed out. I could hear their inner voices shouting out “IT’S SO BAD!”

            “The rice is soft like porridge!”

            “These crisp uncooked vegetables are like a salad! And the meat is raw!!”