┆9┆Resolution┆

A/N: Dedication to TheKennyquin - thanks for your continuous support, votes and supporting comments. I always look forward to reading what you write for me ;) Haha

----------------------------------------------

            It was silent. Kise and Kasamatsu didn't blink or move at all. I sighed and began to take the wig off.

            "Wait, wait, wait. You're that red-head that basically dominated the practice game?!" Kise shrilled. I closed my eyes before answering him.

            "Yeah. It was a team effort though that won the game. It wasn't just me." I tossed the wig back into the bag and walked over to where everyone stood.

            "You know, you have potential to become a Generation of Miracles. Where were you at in middle school?"

            "In America. I came back just before school started this year." I replied. Understanding flashed in Kise's golden eyes.

            "That explains it."

            "What was your name again?" Kasamatsu asked, agitated. It was like he had figured something out, but it didn't seem right at the same time.

            "Fujioka Masami."

            "You were in Basketball Monthly! I remember you now!" He shouted excitedly. My own teammates looked shocked at the news.

            "You're that prima ballerina from America! Number one in the country!" Kise gasped. Ok, now that was weird. Everyone gave Kise a stare that seemed to question him and his hobbies.

            "What?" He asked. "Oh! No! I only knew that since my older sister loves reading those kinds of magazines!" Kise held his hands up in defence.

            "You're weird, Kise-kun." Kuroko's monotone voice spoke out what we were all thinking.

            "Wahh! Kurokochhi! Don't be mean to me!" Kise wailed.

            "Anyways, why do you have to dress as a boy?" Kasamatsu asked. He stared at me, as if he was mentally dissecting me. Riko and my teammates swivelled their heads, watching me and Kasamatsu like a tennis match.

            "No girls' team here in Japan."

            "Couldn't you have formed your own team?"

            "It wouldn't be official then."

            "Why not?"

            "For a captain, you're almost as dense as Koganei." Koganei perked up hearing his name.

            "Thank you!" He beamed. Riko slapped his head, annoyed.

            "That wasn't a compliment from Masami-chan, baka."

            Kasamatsu picked up where he had left off. "Why not?"

            "Japan has a weird thing about girls taking over. Not that I'm against it or for it, but either way, a girls' basketball team is out of the question. People are thinking that it is a man's sport, but it isn't. I also made a promise to make a team the best that Japan has ever seen. I'm going to make it come true," I declared.

            "What kind of promise was it?" Kise jumped in on the conversation.

            "A promise with my brother."

            "What a bastard! Letting his sister do all the work for him!" Kise shook his head disappointedly. I was mad. He had just called my brother a bastard. I stomped up to Kise and slapped him across the face. Everyone stared at me in shock, but I didn't care.

            "The brother that you just called a bastard? He's dead. Buried in the ground. My only brother! He loved basketball more than anything and taught me how to play. He was the only one who loved me since Mama died! Don't you dare to speak about him like that!" Each sentence that I had spoken made my voice rise higher until I was screaming. Kise looked at me with sad eyes, flaring my anger out more.

            "I'm sorry. I didn't know, Masami-chan." Kasamatsu took Kise by the arm and they retreated from the gym, leaving me and the team alone.

            Riko clapped her hands getting our attentions. "Practice is over, minna. Go home and rest for school tomorrow."

------------------------------------------------ 

            My fingers slammed the piano keys down. It was a miracle that my anger still could make the music beautiful. Tears slowly trickled down my face as I continued to play. The frustration slowly turned into resolution at the end of my last note. I gently hit the key and pressed the pedal, sustaining the note. I closed the top of the piano and shuffled off to my bed.

All that's left for me is to win the Winter Cup and then Seirin will be Japan's number one, onii-san. I can finally join you and Mama soon, ne? There's nothing left for me here anymore. Papa doesn't need me here either. My eyes slowly closed, allowing me to fall asleep into the welcoming darkness.

------------------------------------------------

         "Why did you say those things just now, Masami?"

            "Onii-san? Why are you here?"

            "I'm in your dream right now. Answer me Masami. Why did you say that you didn't have anything left?" I can tell that onii-san's a bit angry right now. I don't want you to be angry, onii-san!

            "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, onii-san!" I cried out. He smiled softly.

            "I'm not mad, just a bit...worried. I'm worried about you, imōto."

            "I'm almost done working with the high school team that you were supposed to go to! They're turning out great, onii-san! I just really missed you and Mama, you know? I'm still dancing and playing the piano. It's only me and Seji-chan that are auditioning for the lead part in ballet this year. I'm still prima though." I beamed a smile up at my idol, showing him that I was still okay. Kaname chuckled, ruffling my pink hair.

            "I'm very proud of you, Masami. Keep up the good work." He continued to smile, but his eyes turned sad. "Don't do anything reckless after the Winter Cup, ne? Don't say that you'll be joining me and Mama soon." I recalled the words I had said earlier and shook my head.

            "I won't, onii-san. I promise."

---------------------------------------

A/N: Now for those questioning Masami's dedication of playing the piano, basketball, and doing ballet at the same time, you now know why she does all of that. And don't worry, I don't plan on letting Masami do anything reckless... ok too reckless. Life isn't as exciting if you don't have a little danger ;) Haha~ 

Don't forget to leave me a comment, vote, and follow :)