New Kid on the Block

A/N: For realz thou. The first group in the dance video, killed it. I didn't like the solo girl, because I thought she was too focused on adding her own flares than focusing on her techniques and original choreography. But's that's just my own opinion. You'll see a blonde Masami, so I've uploaded a pic of what she's supposed to look like. LOLZ. What a joke. Sorry for not updating for the past 21 days... I've been super busy and today was the last day of my Chem1 class. Took the exam and I think I did pretty well! Oh, and just last week, I found out that I have rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 19. For real? Like what the heck? I'm an avid soccer player and runner, and future physical therapist. The biggest irony right there, guys.

Anyways, I felt like this chapter was pretty short even though it had 1,286 words. I'll just make the next update better haha.

ANYWAYS, GUESS WHAT. I GOT MY BRACES OFF AFTER 3 YEARS! Haha, it sucked that I had to go through my first year of college wearing braces, but at least I get nice, straight teeth for the rest of my life. Yupp, that was the only notice-worthy announcement that I had to make besides this update (^.^)

Oh and, the bold dialogue in this chapter is spoken in English.

————————

            "Alonzo King's Line Ballet?" I read the sign outside of my new ballet studio. I ran a hand through my newly-bleached strawberry blonde hair. After getting numerous of weird stares at my naturally pink hair, otou-san and I agreed to make it look... natural. Wisps of pink were still there, but I decided that since the majority of my hair was now strawberry blond, it was good enough. I crossed the line at getting contacts though. I didn't want to hide my heritage, and I wasn't going to "American-ize" myself to that extent.

            I had my duffle bag slung over my shoulder with my leotard and ballet slippers stuffed inside. I took a deep breath and slowly breathed it out before pushing the glass door open.

            "Hi! How may I help you?" The cheerful receptionist chirped out in English. I silently thanked Kami that I had spent a couple of years of my childhood with Kaname-nii in America.

            "Hello, I uh, I'm Masami Fujioka. I'm the new dancer from Japan?" I smiled at myself for remembering the proper English grammar of introducing myself. Recognition flittered through her face as she gaped at me.

            "No frickin' way!" She screeched. I winced at her slang and at how loud her voice was. "I'm like, your biggest fan! I've been following you ever since your debut in North Carolina years ago! It was so cool! Like, that's why I'm working in this ballet studio!" She continued to rant. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

            "I'm totally surprised! I mean, your pink hair was like your most noticeable physical feature. Did you dye your hair or something? I mean, blonde actually looks pretty good on you!"

            "Uhhh.... It's strawberry blonde, but yeah, I dyed my hair."I sheepishly scratched my cheek.

            "Oh! Let me bring you to the back! Mr. King's the owner of the studio, and I think he's here today!" She squealed excitedly. "I'm just so ecstatic that you're here! I mean, you're Masami!" I refrained myself from rolling my eyes at her already annoying voice. Five minutes haven't even passed by, and I was already done with her. She slipped around the counter and waved at me to follow her. I reluctantly did so, allowing her to lead me to the studio. Music vibrated through the large studio as soon as the door swung open. My mouth almost dropped down in awe as I watched the group practice with a choreographer standing nearby, assessing them. It wasn't even a classical ballet or a contemporary ballet dance, it was more of a contemporary hip-hop dance.