Crushed in More than One Ways

A/N: This is in celebration of reaching my goal of having 100 followers! I'm an entire month ahead of my goal, which is just f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g. fantastic! And to top it off, I have 101 already! Next step: to get 1K votes on "Dreaming On" by July 1st, 2014 and to have 150 followers by July 25th, 2014. Is it possible, guys?

I. THINK. YES.

You Know The Drill: if you like this, vote and follow :) <3

---------------------------------

            The fourth quarter began with a formless shot made by Aomine. The intensity grew thicker as Kise copied every shot Aomine made. I watched the two aces battle it out with Kise running towards the basket. The moment he manuvered his foot, I saw his eyes widen in shock. His foot’s twisted and his legs are about to give out, I realized. Riko noticed it too and we shared a glance between watching the game again.

            Kise still threw the ball in. Everyone watched in suspense as the ball rolled around the rim for the longest time before slowly edging itself into the hoop. The players were all panting heavily on the court. Kise was breathing harder than Aomine, who stood there breathing normally.

            The balance was broken when Sakurai didn’t pay attention. The ball bounced off his hand, and Kise was ready to scoop it up.

            “This is the breaking point,” Teppei mused. “If they make it, they’ll only be two threes behind, boosting their morale. If they miss, they will have reached the time limit.” We all nodded our heads, hoping for Kaijo to make it. Suddenly, Aomine breathed out a smirk, sending chills down my spine. What’s this feeling? I saw Kuroko stiffen from the corner of my eye and I knew he felt it too.

            “A formless shot?!” Koganei jumped out of his seat as Kise jumped up. The blonde did the unexpected and twisted his body around, passing the ball to Kasamatsu. Aomine’s eyes went wide with surprise. The ball left Kise’s hands, but Aomine twisted around and smacked the ball away with his right hand, skilfully avoiding hitting Kise. The ball bounced away as the referee called the point.

            The clock quickly dwindled down, with Touou still in the lead. Aomine had the ball and was going for a dunk only to be stopped by Kise. They were locked in an aerial battle, exerting force behind the ball on either side. Aomine doubled his strength, forcing the ball down towards the basket. Kise’s hand was slowly bending backwards, his face contorting into pain. Aomine’s force pushed Kise down, causing him to land on his bottom.

            The buzzer sounded as Aomine straightened up with a smirk.

            “Game over!” 98 – 110. “Both teams line up!” The referee shouted out. Kise shakily pushed himself up, his arms and legs visibly trembling. He slipped backwards, his hands landing with an audible thud on the floor. I felt something tug in my heart as I watched Kise try to push himself up. With not enough strength in his legs, Kise’s feet were sliding around like a new-born fawn. Aomine just stood there, looking down at Kise.

            “Kise…” I murmured. My eyes teared up as Kasamatsu offered a hand to Kise.

            “Sempai…I…I…” Kasamatsu sighed, putting his arms under Kise’s armpits, pulling him up.

            “You did well,” Kasamatsu replied, ruffling the blonde’s hair in a brotherly manner. The tears continued to flow down Kise’s face as the two of them made their way to the line-up.

---------------------------------

            The Kaijo team walked back to the bench with sullen looks on their faces. We heard Kasamatsu shout encouraging words to his teammates but by then we were already on our way out of the stadium. I stayed behind, telling Riko and the others that I have to get ready for ballet in a while, so they went on ahead. I played with my wig that I had put back on during the third quarter. As I was about to take off my wig and head in the opposite direction, I heard someone calling out for me.