┆3 ┆Broken Promise┆

"Bakagami! Pass the damn ball!" I shouted, running down the court, thirty feet away from him. I had already figure out Kuroko's talent of misdirection from last week, when we played first-years against the second-years. Kagami snarled, twisting around and tossing the ball to Kuroko without missing a beat. The blue-haired boy aimed his misdirection towards me. I caught it, dribbling down the court. Mitobe and Koganei rushed to block me. Crossover to left, fake, body twist to the right, dribble, and fade away. I smiled; my body began to level itself parallel to the ground. Shoot.

"Jump, Mitobe!" Hyūga shouted. Mitobe leaped, his fingertips scraping the ball. Aw shit! I knew it was going to rebound, so I ran towards the ball that hit the rim of the basket. Taking my ballet skills into account, the ball was almost in the palm of my hands. Two other hands reached up for the ball, completely overlapping me. Koganei and Kawahara both smacked the ball away from my grasp. But their center gravity wasn't balanced when the three of us were fought for the ball, which caused us to tumble on top of each other. I landed on top of Koganei's back, while Kawahara landed on my leg. My leg felt like it was on fire, more specifically, my ankle did. Shit, please tell me that my leg is alright. I began to panic.

"Kawahara, get off my leg!" I tried to wiggle my foot out. He grudgingly got up, and I slid off Koganei.

"Masami-chan! Daijōbu?" Riko quickly ran towards me. She was the only one who I told my bargain with my dad to. I saw worry etched over her face. Kuroko helped me up and a twinge in my ankle caused me to gasp.

"Bakas! Help her over to the bench! Now!" Being the responsible captain he was, Hyūga carried me to the bench. Riko kneeled down, taking my shoes and socks off. She rolled my left foot – nothing; rolled the right – I screamed in pain, gripping the metal bench.

"Oh no," she whispered.

"It's not serious, right? Please tell me it's not serious." Everyone crowded around the two of us.

"Ne, Coach, is Fujioka going to be alright?"

"You're sitting on the bench for the remainder of the practice. Don't do anything tonight, or tomorrow. You need to rest your ankle." Riko's face stayed grim.

"Riko-chan, it's not broken, right?" I looked at her with a glimmer of hope on my face.

"It's a sprain for sure. It isn't broken, Masami-chan, but don't go to ballet if you have it tonight." My face fell. It's definitely a good thing ballet was cancelled for tonight. I sighed, agreeing to Riko's condition. After practice finally ended, Riko had placed Kagami and Kuroko in charge of getting me home.

╞════════𖠁𐂃𖠁════════╡

It was so embarrassing that I wanted to die.

I was on Kagami's back, with his arms around my thighs. I didn't bother changing out of my jersey and basketball shorts. Kuroko carried my school bag and my shoes, and Kagami's bag too.

"Let's stop by Maji Burgers. I'm hungry from carrying this heavy luggage." Kagami broke the silence. I unwrapped an arm around his neck and slapped his head lightly.

"You'll never get a girlfriend if you call them 'heavy' or 'luggage'." The three of us continued in silence until we finally reached the fast food restaurant.

 All eyes were on the three of us – a blue-haired boy carrying three school bags and a pair of shoes; a tall, scary-looking red-hair carrying a small, shoeless, pink-haired girl on his back. Kagami walked over to an empty booth and sat down on the edge, letting me scoot off his back before getting into line with Kuroko. I sighed, propping my injured foot on the seat in front of me.