Chapter 11: Seeing an Old Friend

Soooooooo.... There are a lot of Calvin fans out there, screaming for more of them together. And I totally love the idea but I need to add spices along the way. Let's face it, I love a good amount of drama. I mean, we all do. ;) Thursday here in my place and my classmates are pestering me so...(shrugs)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|HOLLY|

Winchester palace, Europe
December 14, 2014

It's finally my birthday in a few hours. I'm turning nineteen and still, caged into a curse that is named lord Calvin Campbell of Winchester.

So far, that curse is being a pain in the ass.

I've been trying in giving up on him but he keeps barging in my life like an unwanted, sexy homo.

We managed to catch a flight the next day after the whole fiasco in Gregory-Smith's abode in which we wanted to avoid desperately. So far, word hasn't gone out about us being in there and are just so glad so. The rest of the trip ended up in a banter or a continuation of our twenty question marathon that I didn't get since he asked so many silly questions.

Most of the time, back at the Winchester palace, the jet lag would come to us and we'd both find ourselves looking for food at the kitchen. We would bump into each other and give a snarky remark before proceeding in eating. Calvin...he changed, I think. The once brooding lord of Winchester who is cruel to the world began transforming into someone I didn't know. He became more vocal and approachable that I sometimes question myself if he had some hidden agenda behind the act. Gustav and Leo had noticed the changes as well but decided to leave everything to me by not questioning anything about the subject matter. Within a week's stay with him, I think we grew closer.

We pigged out for a week before Calvin got called in California for an emergency meeting and haven't seen him since today.

I bit my lip as I crouch low to grab the basket of clothes from the ground, feeling my back ache upon lifting it up. Oh, these past few days I've been feeling really lousy. I caught a stomach bug on Mexico and I've been feeling more nauseous than possible. Matilda would bring me food for breakfast to stop the bug from its activity and I think it's working out little by little. Personally, I was scared. Scared to open that little box in the bottom of my drawer and scared to the possibility. After all, I am turning nineteen the following day and I have enough drama in my life.

I smiled as I thought of the last days I spent with Calvin. Okay, so even though I am giving up on him doesn't mean that I still don't enjoy hanging around with the guy; so what if my heart still flutters like a fifteen year old and my body heating up like a woman? As part of my giving up, I'm fully determined not to get hurt in whatever his endeavors are including women.

I put the basket of laundry on the washroom and immediately left to find more things to do when I met Gustav along the way. Gustav...well, is totally not happy with both of us.

Totally not happy.

When we arrived from Mexico looking like we have been burned down, which we did, Gustav stood on the airport entrance like a man on a mission. Both Calvin and I froze but, being the vampire lord of Winchester, he just shrugged and continued to walk towards him like he didn't do anything. And so, I was the only one left to be scolded.

And scold me, he did.

I could still feel my ears ringing as he excused me and shouted at me being irresponsible on the corner of the parking lot with Calvin watching the show and looking amused at my reaction. I didn't cause the drama! Calvin did. I just caged the thought in my brain and didn't answer back as Gustav continued to embarrass me in front of vacationers, families and kids.