Chapter 15: Traps and Betrayal

I promise to upload the remaining three chapters when I'm nearing the end with the epilogue just like last time in the Sold! To the Vampire Lord because I'm not heartless like that. :)) OMG. Did I upload late? :O oh well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|CALVIN|

Winchester palace, Europe
January 2015

I groaned as I stepped inside the car with a stack of papers on full show sitting on the backseat. For some reason that is quite obvious, Gustav put these in the exact spot I am going to sit in just so I could see these letters and proposals waiting for my signature. The moon is sitting high upon the heavens and the clouds began shrouding it, covering me from the power of its rays. Less people are loitering around the Winchester airport and I could see a few people returning from their vacations; the chilly breeze welcomed me home as the meeting in America took longer than expected.

I grumbled loudly at Gustav who just chose to ignore me before he stepped into the car and began driving. I began taking papers and signing them after reading the contents; as usual, there are stupid requests from stupid people and more stupid requests from stupid vampire lords. Goddamn stupidity! Why didn't the heavens above shower more people with common sense? If that's the situation, then the world would be a much better place! Some papers and letters were crumpled and thrown to the nearest trash bin while some were actually taken consideration. Actually, these past few days, I have done nothing but work! Work and attend stupid meetings for anxious vampire lords.

Now, why am I sacrificing this much for them?

Oh, because, apparently, even though I was the most harassed among all of them, I am the calmer one.

And the less stupid, may I add.

If I leave them to handle the vampire race, then we'd all be annihilated sooner than later. I rubbed at my temples and my eyes unconsciously flitted to the Winchester palace sitting on the highest hill of the Winchester lands. It brought me back the memory of my latest argument with Holly last week and I couldn't feel more awkward than before. Why did I even tell her about that? Maybe because we have grown closer together that my brain recognizes that she is no longer a threat. I chewed on my bottom lip and stared at the windows of the palace; maybe I could get her to come with me somewhere again just so we could get together and have a repeat of that Christmas night but this time with a new lingerie preferably pink with--

Argh! Stop thinking about it, Calvin!

I could feel the tenting of my pants at the thoughts of that at Christmas night and I shifted on my seat, now, more uncomfortable than before. Maybe I could take her again when I arrive home? After all, she wouldn't say no to the man she likes.

The thought of her confession brought a smile to my lips and soon, made me laugh. I don't even know what's damn funny! I just found it so. I mean, it's the lamest confession I ever had and it sucked really big time. Well, I don't usually get confessions because I snap their necks before they could mutter the 'L' word; in fact, Holly is the only one who confessed and lived! It makes my life disappointing for a bit but totally uncomplicated.

I brought myself to look back to the letters and read their worthless propositions but my mind kept drifting back to her over and over again. Groaning, I just pushed through the papers and thought about our argument. Why does she need to know everything anyway? This is a vampire matter entirely! She shouldn't just submerge herself into matters that doesn't involve her or her race.

Well, maybe her race does but...

Goddamn it. I'm growing soft on the edges because of that little girl.