Chapter 16: The Truth Behind

|HOLLY|

The feeling was so unfamiliar.

It was like the first time Richardson and I realized we're mates and he rejected me immediately. It was like that time when the bodies of my parents were carted off and condolences were fired from different corners of the room. It was the same when I received my first beating from Charlotte which left me dazed and shocked.

It was uncharted territory and it scared me.

Shackled up on a dark room with cold walls did nothing to comfort me even when I was alone. Good thing Aldrich wasn't that heartless as he gave me the chance to dress comfortably and wrapped myself on a warm blanket before taking me off the Winchester lands. He didn't drag me off the bed or beat me up before I would come because I knew he would take me by force or by will. Instead, he just settled in handcuffs on my wrists and smiled at me like he was just taking me somewhere. The shock took me by surprise and left me not thinking, not fighting. I knew what he's capable of and I realized that I didn't want him to beat me up just so I would go with him peacefully.

It was shocking for me as he urged me out the door; Aldrich, Calvin's adoptive father, just kidnapped me. Just when Calvin was out beating god knows who. I trailed behind him, my eyes staring at his back even as he urged me inside the car.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, my throat constricting as he drove ahead and I sat like a good girl at the back seat. Aldrich just shrugged.

"You're leverage."

"Calvin won't come for me." He wouldn't. He just wouldn't.

A smile graced his lips again. He glanced back at me and I stared at those purple irises which glimmered under the passing lights from the street lights. "He would. I assure you, he will."

"No he won't."

"I know Calvin for so long now, I'm sure he'd come for you," he said as he glanced back at me again. "He likes you, Holly. That much I could say. Calvin is possessive; what he wants, he will get."

I clammed up and stared at the metal handcuffs around my wrists. I twisted it and pulled but it didn't budge; normal handcuffs tend to break under a werewolf's strength even against an omega like me but these didn't. I tried shifting but I found that I couldn't; the only answer to this is this handcuff is made out of the same material that the bracelet Calvin had me wear the first time he bought me. My fingers dug at the metal chains and tears began streaming out of my eyes.

I felt him glance back at me again but ignored me completely. We stopped on the ports of Winchester which I never actually ventured on. The sound of the sea hitting the cement and the smell of stale fish erupted in my nostrils; the putrid odor was less of my concern, however, when Aldrich pulled me to a ship docking on the port. I glanced up and my jaw dropped on the sheer size of the gigantic metal that bellowed on the air. Smoke waved on the skies as I realized it is on the verge of sailing again.

"Step in, Holly," he said as he pushed me gently up the metal ramp. I gave him a pleading look before stepping into the ridges of the ramp, anchoring my body from falling. Truth be told, I don't want him to punch me; I am not sure if another one is growing in me and I wouldn't want to endanger his or her life. Lorraine did enough. I wouldn't risk it for anything again.

The air was colder thirty feet from where I stood minutes ago. Snow prevailed on its mast and starboard and I couldn't help but breath through my unclothed hands. I see a lot of faces on board. A lot of faces from the rebellion. When their eyes settled into me, they stopped and stared; most of them recognized me but a few ignored; I could hear harsh whispers as they stared at my shackles and rumors beginning to circulate.