Chapter 13: A Christmas to Remember

Damn it. I just realized how late I was already! I was supposed to post this on Christmas Eve last year though to surprise you all but my laziness crept so I wasn't able to meet my desired date. Oh well, just pretend that it's Christmas again, yeah? :))

P.S the next book cover is up! Check it out? Yay! :)) (couldn't put Amanda seyfried or something as the model cuz I made it a month ago before suggestions of who Holly may be so...apologies?)

Next book cover up! Check it out? :) it's sold! to the vampire king! ;)) and it's now on my create list just waiting to be published! :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|HOLLY|

Winchester palace, Europe
December 18, 2014

"Not this again," I groaned as I slapped my spoon in my forehead.

Calvin grinned as he scooped from the tub of ice cream we dug out of the fridge. "But it is the truth. You screamed your love like a love sick puppy."

The night of my birthday after my confession, Calvin and I found ourselves in the bed, staring at nothing in particular as we just spent the hours away. I managed to clean his wounds after sulking at the bathroom and contemplating wether I should bury my body under the bath tub or the shower room after I beat myself up for the horrible confession. Soon, I managed to to gather up my bearings and faced The Lord of Winchester who I thought is going to kill me, torture me or reject me.

Well, to say he didn't do any of the three shocked me.

Instead, he just sat like a good boy on the bed and let me tend to his wounds. Soon, we found ourselves charging in the kitchens and digging out this tub of ice cream like what we are doing today. We didn't speak too much to each other until two in the morning where he said his favorite words of the day 'so you do have a crush on me!' over and over again.

That night, I asked him ", I thought you hated lycans? Why aren't you killing me right now?"

He just shrugged and licked his spoon. "You grew on me. And I wouldn't kill you because it's not yet the right time to do so, you know."

Scowling at him, I dug my spoon on the frozen goodies. "Jerk" I muttered before the awkward ambiance around us lifted like a veil and we continued talking like my confession had done nothing at all. Lorraine had left the morning, saying nothing to Calvin nor to Gustav as she just upped and left, never knowing my little encounter with her. Calvin just scratched his head in confusion before shrugging at the news and ordered his coffee like the usual.

Now, Calvin and I are lying on the same spot we did that night, pigging out again since both of us couldn't sleep, eating chocolate ice cream and staring at nothing in particular.

"Calvin," I started as I licked my spoon. "Calvin, did you...umm...notice?"

He licked his spoon too. "That we hadn't had sex since Mexico? Yes, I did."

I blushed deep in the roots of my hair. "N-No! I mean, yes we haven't had... Oh my god, you're doing this on purpose aren't you?"

"It's the truth, though," he said as he licked at his spoonful of ice cream.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No, I meant, haven't you noticed that we have grown--"

Calvin grew rigid at the words and I looked up at him to see him frowning. "Don't say what I think you're going to say because I'm going to throw you to the nearest rebellion camp myself."

I shut my mouth. I just want to say that we have grown fond of each other! What's so wrong about that? "Still a jerk," I said under my breath in which he hit me lightly with a spoon on the head. I groaned and rubbed at the spot. Calvin had been hanging around my room since the day I confessed to him, and, sure I've enjoyed it a lot, but he's giving me headaches. "Don't you have work or something?" I whined as I scooped another spoonful before putting it in my mouth.