Chapter 17: Into the Floating Metal

I'm fulfilling promises. Here's the flood updates. Please don't forget to vote, comment or follow! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|CALVIN|

There was this memory that bothered me deeply. It was when the three of us- Colton, Domovov and I- were lying on the dirt in the amazons after wrestling bears and alligators covered in dirt, muck and god-knows-what. It is said to be the special training Aldrich had planned to the three of us pure blooded vampire lords. Domovov was staring at the stars while Colton looked around for some weed; all I ever did that time was to lie close into the fire, not wanting to catch malaria or some vector borne disease.

At sixteen, the three of us knew what our future would be and to protect ourselves is to know how to defend your property. "You know," Domovov started as he stared at the sky. "They say Aldrich's insane."

The two of us stared at each other. "Aldrich's very insane. Sending us in the amazon with nothing. Insane, I know."

The two of us were silent for a bit. "No, they say he's not right no the head. I'm saying this seriously, Calvin. They said...something happened. Between him and your dad or something."

Again, the silence. "What the fùck could have happened?" I asked, now curious of the rumors.

"I don't know. It seems like they had a pretty insane past, your father and him. It's just...it's hard to believe, ya know. He just... raised us as his own. Does that kind of made us insane too?"

A small smile graced my filthy lips. "Of course," I said amused ", you, Colton and I...I think we're not in the right head as well."

He chuckled at that and shook his head. "I think I know that," he said and continued staring at the stars. "But whatever he would do, it would be the best for us, right? After all, he raised us."

I nodded at that and just focused on not trying to get bitten by a wandering pest. "Aldrich would never do anything that would harm us, that I'm sure."

I was naive. I was foolish.

Smack!

The sound was loud enough to deafen anyone who could hear normally as Aldrich and I met head on; sound of flesh hitting flesh was loud enough as I tackled him down and he met me with a defense. Aldrich staggered a bit but fell down anyway and I fell on top of him. Immediately, I fired series of punches in his face in which he reciprocated by pushing me off and kicking me on the stomach.

I rolled to my feet but was slow enough to be caught by the collar and was thrown to the nearest wall with a loud clang!

My head pounded as blood oozed from the newly open wound as I stumbled up. I rubbed at my forehead and gritted my teeth as I glared at his amused expression. "You still fight rashly, Calvin," he said in a sing song voice that made me want to kill him more.

"Shut up you self proclaimed monarch."

He looked take aback for a while but reigned himself in. "For your information, Calvin, I was recognized by a lot of vampire lords as their ruler."

"Isn't that a bit forced on their part?"

He chuckled at the thought and wiped sweat off his forehead. "I have to agree, you still make me crack up."

"Too bad your head is the only thing cracked up in the end."

That didn't seem to amuse him as his features darkened. "What do you want Calvin?"

"I want Holly," I said in a heart beat. "I want her back to me."

"Then join the rebellion."

My fast retort was stopped on my throat as the failure to reply due to his...his absurd comment made. Join the rebellion? Join the rebe- okay, fùck it. I still can't say it without throwing up.