Chapter 1: The Beginning of Another

|HOLLY|

"Stand up, Holly."

"Come on, you can do this!"

"Don't even think about losing!"

Another blow landed on my cheek and series of groans rang through the field. I staggered back for a while before slowly regaining my stance.

You might be confused as to what I am saying right now and I am still, too. I now stood in the middle of the field, the green grass tickling the soles of my feet as my head throbbed in pain. Blood seeped out of the wound in my forehead from a right hook I attained from my opponent but I still held on.

How did i come to this? I don't even know where to start.

Okay, so last week, I woke up in a different bed and a different room. All I remember is Erica-- that... stupid, unfaithful...

... deep breaths, Holly. I am so unhappy with her right now.

So, I woke up in a different bed smelling of male Cologne while I was draped with a home made quilt judging from the texture and the uneven stitches. Nevertheless, it was comfortable. I looked around me and saw that I was in an orange room, one that is peeling away due to the time with a few old paintings hanging from the walls. A shelf is held by a thick plywood and wires just across the bed with different novels ranging from Moby Dick to Twilight. The television is turned on and I watched, entranced, as I stare at the picture of news anchors talking about a certain show.

Back to more pressing matters: where am I? I thought I was dead? Did somebody save me? Where the fúck is that bítch Erica and I am going to skin her alive and--

Oh no.

Where's Calvin?

I looked around frantically as I threw the blanket off my body, never minding the cold biting in my skin. My thoughts are focused primarily on one person and that is Calvin. Erica said that she loves him. Did she do something to Calvin? What the fúck is she planning?!

I immediately ran to the nearest window and tried to pull it up only to find that it was nailed shut. I cursed out loud and ran to the adjacent room separated by a door and kicked it open. My toes hurt and the door didn't budge one bit. The way Calvin did it looked so easy, I grumbled to myself as I tried the door knob and was surprised to see it open.

I twisted it and pushed the door open only to come face to face with a kitchen complete from the sink to a small dining room. Okay, where the hell am I?!

I walked around the kitchen, searching for clues. The sink is wiped clean and smells faintly of lemon; the pink tiles glistened underneath the sun's glare and I could help but feel thirsty. Finally, giving in to the temptation, I leaned in and turned the tap water on.

The water flowed freely and I drank greedily at it. When my thirst is quenched, I wiped my face clean and decided to look around some more. The wooden floorboards squeaked underneath my weight as I cautiously explored the area. I stared at the numerous cross stitched works hanging from the walls and the plates arranged in beside the sink. A yellow refrigerator stood on the corner of the room and I peeked at it's contents only to frown at the empty compartments. When I already saw everything that needed to be seen, I quickly walked back to the bedroom and to the door adjacent to it. I twisted it and-- Viola!-- it's open! I hurriedly pulled it wide open only to come face to face with a hard chest.

The scent is familiar with me: a pure alpha scent smelling of rainforests after a good drizzle. I slowly looked up and the first thing I saw is the scar that ran from his left cheek down to his jaw...