Sold! To the Vampire King

CHAPTER 1

|HOLLY|

February 2015

Pissed. That's what I can only describe my feelings right now.

I am standing on the middle of the room, ten servants tending to me as three doctors moved through their stethoscopes and laboratory data. The castle infirmary was never livelier as servants hustled around, tending in my health and sewing clothes-maternity clothes- for yours truly. Fifty beds are organized in a hospital manner and white curtains are pulled in the edge, giving me a good glance of the tall ceiling and cathedral-like structure of the castle; stained glass was scattered on the high ceilings with Angels and crosses on them. The light poured out of the glass and from the open windows as the early breeze of spring blew through me.

"Miss Greener," the female doctor with a blond hair on a bun and cat eyeglasses turned to me, raising her eyebrows in an unfriendly manner. I pivoted towards her direction and swallowed hard as she pulled her lips in a straight line. "Please pee on this container."

I numbly took the glass container she gave me and looked up to her again. "But...I just peed on one ten minutes ago."

"Lord Campbell asks for enough proof," she said curtly, as if she wasn't fond of the idea of Calvin having his child with me. Honestly, I'm not very confident at the minute as well.

"How much proof does that jerk want?!" I muttered to myself as I stood up from the cushioned chair I was sitting on and just on cue, the rest of the servants stood right up, assisting me as if I had cancer not a baby. I just rolled my eyes and let them do what they were asked, after all, I tried my best telling them off hours ago but none of them backed away. Persistence is Calvin's idea of good monitoring, I thought dryly as I walked to the nearest cubicle in which the servants asked if they can do anything for me.

Maybe one of you could pull down my underwear while the other catches the urine. Oh, and don't forget the one to wipe my vagína clean too! I thought sarcastically as I politely declined and shut the door behind me. I sighed in relief as the quietness that I long sought enveloped me immediately; turning around, I saw ten pregnancy tests on the sink-all positive- and glared at nothing in particular.

My mind flew to the night I told Calvin the big news.

Oh and was it big.

After telling him those two words, he just stared blankly at me for a whole five minutes and I watched as he opened his mouth and closed it, wanting to say something and at the same time, speechless. I just sat there beside him, waiting for his reaction, gauging if he's going to kill me or kiss me.

Only, I'd didn't expect him to be so shocked he couldn't even form coherent sentence.

He either started his words with I, A and other rubbish I would rather not say. The Ferris wheel ride was finished and he still haven't muttered a single, rational word to me. I had to drag him off his seat when the doors to the ride opened since he was too stunned to even move. And so, the rest of the trip to the Winchester palace was deathly silent, none of us wanting to speak. I kept on glancing at Calvin but found that he was still wide eyed while driving; personally, under normal circumstances, it was a bit funny. He was asking for something more explosive than his news and I simply gave it to him. Only, well, it wasn't a bit funny when we're talking about Calvin.

Calvin can be categorized as someone with multiple personality disorders so it was going to be harder than usual. When we arrived at the Winchester palace, he killed the engine and continued staring at nothing in particular; the silence was overwhelming and I decided that maybe he needed space. "Umm...I'm going to head back to my room," I muttered and he just nodded absently. I sighed in acceptance and exited the car with ease, dragging my feet off the parking space and into the castle.