Chapter 18: Out Cold

|HOLLY|

Sharp fingernails dug in my scalp as I screamed before being plunged down in a bucket of water. I learned to hold in my breath as Charlotte forced me down, laughing at my futile attempts of release. After a minute, I was about to lose consciousness. My struggling weakened and I gave up fighting, determined to end my own suffering.

"Hey!"

The hands released its hold on my head and I pulled my head off the water, gasping and coughing for air. My eyesight was blurry as I tried not to brawl out loud. I have enough time to do that on my room later on. I slumped down on the floor, rubbing my eyes of any tears and hiccups. You have to hold on, Holly, my mother would say to me as I would watch her bruise covered body.

You have to hold on for the pack.

I was trying to hard to hold on. Trying real hard to try and live. I could hear shuffling from the side and heard a deep, thick voice echo through the room. "You girls get out, now! I do not tolerate maltreatment! Do you understand me?"

"Yes, alpha," they all mumbled as they scampered away.

It was a moment of silence as I just sat there, wet and crying over my fate. Footsteps clicked against the ground and I grew rigid. I was sixteen then. Fears are reality in the pack house. So far, I haven't met the alpha then; he was supposed to be studying overseas.

Warm hands engulfed my arms and lifted me up, something I didn't expect. It was a kind gesture, something that is rare for the omegas in the pack house. My eyes snapped up to see Richardson staring down at me, his handsome features marred with a frown. "You shouldn't let this happen to you. You have rights, you know."

He tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and smiled at me. The alpha smiled at me. That thought sent tingles of happiness down my spine and from then, I knew I was in love with him. I decided, at the early age of sixteen, that I will have a family with him and be the kindest Luna in the lycan history. I never knew he would reject me for a whòre. I never knew I would be captured by a vampire lord. I never dreamed of falling I love with him.

It is sad how love can affect you even in the end of life.

I screamed Calvin's name over and over again as I was pulled deeper into the water, my body adjusting to the temperature already. Air escaped in bubbles as water invaded my lungs. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't even think straight. All I know is to scream Calvin's name over and over again in a poor attempt to be saved. I wanted to live. More importantly, I wanted my child to live.

Why did I jump int he water in the first place?

Because I was stupid and reckless. I made a vow to myself to never endanger my baby ever again if I would leave through this. Stupid, stupid Holly.

Struggling harder up, a hand snaked on my neck and closed around it. My limbs thrashed agains the watery until such time that my body wasn't responding anymore and I realized that I couldn't move. This is it, Holly, I told myself as my arms gave in, you'll see mom and dad at last...

Splash!

The water pushed through my ears, deafening me for a bit but never missing that sound. It was heavy and hard and it plunged down the sea. My hear waved in the direction of the water, looking like golden sunlights, blocking my view. Before I knew it, a strong hand grabbed me by the small of the back and pulled me harshly off the hands holding me down. Strands of hair waved away my vision and I saw Calvin grabbing the man by the collar and plunging his fingers through his rib cage and pulling out his heart.

The organ pumped out blood and immediately surrounded me like a thick haze of red, clouding my vision off Calvin. Try as I might to swim away, I couldn't find the strength to do so. My vision began darkening as the red continued to surround me. The last thing I knew before my lungs met salvation, was the strong arms that picked me by the armpits, dragging me up the surface of the water.