The Pain that Made Her Beautiful ch10

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick thank you note to all my readers. everything has been so appreciated by me. It is good to know that someone likes this. I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as others.

If there is anything, I mean anything, that you think I need to fix, please, tell me, I will see what I can do about it.

Please vote, I'd appreciate it so much.

Like I said before, Thank you, immensely.

~JB

*                                                *                                                            *                                                *

Warick had been spying on the whole happening and his blood boiled as he watched Alan be a pig headed child. He had not known what to do when he remembered that his gladius was only a shot ways away from where he was standing, he had to reach them in time. Warick you fool! Why do you care? You are typically the one that is in Alan’s current shoes. He knew why he had to do this. Because she, Nayeli, had done nothing wrong and Warick would not allow the undue punishment or violation of any captive that had done nothing wrong.

After retrieving his gladius, Warick went back to his spot and found that Ryan, of all people, was restraining Nayeli as Alan probed her body with his disgusting mannerism. Warick snuck from tree to tree, from tree to bush, until he was directly behind the tree that Ryan held Nayeli’s hands. Warick had begun to stalk forward when his foot cracked a twig. All his stealth was lost. Warick stalked forward as quickly and silently as he could from where he was and hit Alan’s knife away with one swift movement of his short sword. Alan grabbed Warick’s hand that held the gladius, and before he could react, Alan brought up the sword, maneuvered it so that the pommel was downward, and took it down on top of Nayeli’s head. Her body went limp and Warick had quickly put his arm out and caught her.

Since then Warick had honorably rewarded his captain, Avel, for coming to his aid instead of relieving his full and almost bursting bladder. Warick had also placed Nayeli inside his tent on his sleeping pad while he decided what was to be done with the two felons that had been caught in the act. After he had passed the sentence of fifty lashings to each man, with holding their weapons during all times except during a brawl in which they were needed, Warick had returned to his tent to see Nayeli’s eyes rolling wildly as she had slept. He could have watched her sleep all night, except Warick was too tired to watch anything but the inside of his eyelids. He lay on an extra pad sleeping for a good three hours.

Warick jolted awake when a bloodcurdling scream sounded. It seemed to be inside his ears. When he opened his eyes he looked for the source and saw a girl’s shape on the pad just a few yards away from him. Though he could not recall who the figure was, in his exhausted state, his heart melted easily for those who became traumatized. Warick pried his body off the pad and crawled over to the girl and put his hand on her shoulder to find her quivering so badly that she seemed to be shivering from a great cold. Warick cupped the face of the girl and found her cheeks to be wet.

“Shhhhhh. Everything is going to be alright. It was just a dream,” Warick said in a soothing voice. He gathered figure in his arms and cradled her gently and rocked her until she slept again. As soon as he found her sleeping again, Warick tenderly put her down and slid his arms away returning to his pad, but with some freak feeling, Warick moved his sleeping pad further away from the girl’s. After all, I would never hear the end of it from the men, Warick thought quickly. In fact, he went as far as to move his pad to the clear opposite end of the tent.

*                                                *                                                *                                                *

Nayeli awoke the next morning to the gruff voice of a man saying, ” Hey, girl, get up!”

As soon as she opened her eyes, Nayeli’s head protested and shot tendrils of pain everywhere. She closed her eyes and propped herself up with her arms and rushed as quickly as she could to do as the man had commanded. Even though she was standing completely straight up, Nayeli could not open her eyes without massive amounts of protest coming from her whole body.

“Open your eyes, girl,” the man said in a monotone.

“I can’t. It hurts too much,” Nayeli said truthfully.

“What are you playing at, girl?” the man said suspiciously.

“Nothing, my lord. I just tell the truth,” Nayeli said apprehensively.

“Then open your eyes!” the man said frustrated.

Nayeli braced herself for the rush of pain that she would soon feel and opened them. The rush of pain came back and she had to step backward to hold herself up. Nayeli couldn’t handle it any longer; she closed her eyes again and began to rub her forehead and eyes with her palms.

“What are you doing, girl? I told you to open your eyes; I never told you that you could close them again,” the man said slightly angry.

“Were you hit on the top of the head with a sword pommel last night?” Nayeli asked slightly disdainful, “from your lack of voice, I take it that you weren’t.”

Nayeli realized she had been too snippy with her words so she slightly opened her eyes just enough that the pain wasn’t as bad as before. She did so just in time for the man had been so flustered by her attitude that he brought up his hand a slapped her face. The action left Nayeli stunned and she was unable to gather her wits about herself.  She stepped backwards to absorb the shock and snapped open her eyes and found the man whose hand had just left her cheek red. She made eye contact and then swiftly remembered her place and lowered her eyes, but it was too late. She hadn’t reacted quickly enough.

“You dare to make yourself equal to me? You dare to look into my eyes?” the man said disdainful.

She had just opened her mouth to apologize when Nayeli felt a fire-like pain on shoulders as the man pushed her backwards, forcing her body to fall on the ground. Nayeli had caught herself with her elbows and then looked up to see the man bending to one knee as he undid the strings to the pouch in the fork of his legs.

Nayeli’s eyes hazed with tears and she could have sworn that Thanos was the man in front of her. When the man spoke, Thanos’ voice rang in her ears, “you will learn to obey your master.”