The Pain that Made Her Beautiful ch9 (E)

• Dedicated to Megan McClure

Just like the last chapter, this one is just as different, if not more different. I pretty much am starting from the roots up with this book and am changing EVERYTHING!!

The style is a lot more mature, but I would love to hear what you think of the new twist.

Blessings

~JDB

Chapter 4

Neorah sat in the wagon she and Nayeli were a part of. As soon as she had returned, Alan made it perfectly clear that he would be the one to take her maidenhead, and no other man would touch her before him. Neorah had drawn up her legs and cried for what was hours. Still, Nayeli did not return. After too long, Warick appeared beside the wagon and ordered her to come out.

He took her aside and lowered his voice, “Neorah, I know you hate me. I know that you didn’t want any of this. If you but cooperate—“

“If I but cooperate, what? You’ll be gentle and it won’t hurt? You will allow me to feel pure ecstasy? You will give me knowledge?”

She saw Warick falter. For a moment, he was no longer the man who led this barrage of bumbling tree-trunk-like men, but a man. He and Neorah were equals for a few moments. In those moments, Neorah glimpsed his deep-seated regret and shame for the way things had gone. She saw his apologetic gaze and his faltering body language. Still, Neorah took no pity on him, no empathy for the moral who sweep aside justice in the name of power.

“I do not care how sorry you are, how apologetic, how shameful. You will not gain my forgiveness for this tonight. You will never have my forgiveness.”

Then the flash of his eyes removed the softness from them, “I am your master, you are my slave. Your forgiveness matters not to me, and it never will matter.”

“Nayeli is was right to call you a scoundrel.”

Warick drew her in to his chest. No matter how hard she struggled, his grip was iron.

“Careful, Neorah. I am not afraid to rescind my earlier protection of your maidenhead. I could have you here and now.”

“What’s stopping you, then?”

“Absolutely nothing.”

In a flash, he had Neorah in the same position she was in only a few hours prior.

“You are a cruel man. You do not even deserve to be called a man! You are a boy prone to temper tantrums.”

“Watch your words, Neorah, or I will be forced to make this very unpleasant.”

There was a rhythm of moans and groans rising up from the tents. As it grew, Neorah’s will did too. I will take whatever he does to speak to him the truth of his error.

“If you are so remorseful, let Nayeli and me free. Let us out of bondage.”