The Pain that Made Her Beautiful Ch3 (E)

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for reading. It really means alot. Again, please give me any tips or pointers that will allow you to better enjoy my story.

~JDB

****

After the small-framed girl in the wagon finished wounding his pride, Warick's temper spiked. He shouted to his brother, Hermun, to stop the wagons. I’ll finish this once and for all. I refuse to be made a fool by a slave girl, Warick spit, of Roman birth. However, Warick knew little of who the girl with glowing eyes really was, or who her real sires truly were.

Warick opened the door to the wagon that the girl was in and stepped in, careful to be sure that there were other guards near by to keep the others within the caravanned wagon. Warick grabbed the girl by the arm and said, “Lets settle this… correction, let me settle this!” with that, Warick jerked the amber-eyed girl out, slightly roughing her up. She shrieked in protest and tried to struggle free, but this time Warick would not be so merciful as before and kept his grip firm and constant.

“Let go! You’re hurting me!”

“I think that’s the point, slave.

The girl who had been crying on the amber-eyed girl’s shoulder made a move to keep her in the wagon with her. She jumped forward and yanked on Warick’s arm. When she made little progress, he felt her nails sink in to his arm and yelped. Letting the small-framed girl go, Warick grabbed on to the other girl and dragged her out. He produced a dagger and held it to the other girl’s throat.

Warick looked at the girl’s wide amber eyes. They were glowing in the dusk lighting. “Either you come peacefully, or she takes the fall for your stubbornness.”

She immediately acquiesced, coming forward with a fearful gait, “Ok, I’m coming. Let her go.”

Her voice was soothing and compromising.

If she does anything stupid, there will be consequences.

“Hermun,” Warick’s brother nodded, “if this girl does anything that I don’t like, I will send Ryan back to tell you so. In that case, open the wagon and have fun.” Warick was referring to the girl to whose throat he was still pressing his dagger.

­He looked to his men, and in German, said, “ Close it up and keep going. I have I debt to settle.”

Ryan came with him and brought some rope… just in case, as instructed. Warick let the girl in his grip go and grabbed the girl with the small frame. She was firm and young. If need be, I will do as necessary. Warick tossed her to Ryan who put her on Warick’s horse.

“I’ll catch up later. Just be sure to leave me a sign of where you make camp.”

In turn, Hermun nodded and looked at him with glee in his eyes, saying to the other men, who rode on other horses, around the wagons, as well, “ Forward!”

With that, Warick turned his steed and rode back up along the road and just off to the left to a deep blackish brown granite structure, Ryan following him. Warick rounded the granite hill to the right because of a concave area in it that he had seen as they had ridden past it. When he reached it, Warick was surprised by how deep it went into the ground. He entered it, waiting on his horse, the girl sitting in front of him, tied to his saddle. She was sitting stone still with fear. The whole way here Warick could feel how tense she was. As Ryan entered and dismounted, he untied the ropes that held the girl in place, sliding her off the saddle. As soon as she was off the saddle, Warick dismounted, even now preparing for revenge.