The Pain that Made Her Beautiful ch7 (E)

Y'all shoud really consider reading this story. I am not sure if it is still there, but if it is, Jorgiie is a very talented author. Take a look. See how you like it.  "Fade To Black: The Dark Enchantress" by Jorgiie.

By the way, this chapter is COMPLETELY different. I would really suggest reading it...

Enjoy!

~JB

*                           *                                    *                                         *

Warick watched Nayeli intently. She had been sleeping for hours. The sleep, however, was without repose and restless.

After he had gotten back to the caravan, Warick had slowed his pace and just watched her sleep. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but something about this Egyptian beauty made his breath catch and his stomach knot. All forms of harshness would wither within him as soon as he laid his eyes upon hers. Warick had never seen such eyes before. Not only are they beautiful, they hold a wonder and mystery in them that I could only hope to understand. Apart from that, Warick saw a will so strong and free that…if I were responsible for reining it in, I would be responsible for shaking the earth in its foundations. The gods would not treat me kindly for doing such a thing. Within Nayeli’s eyes, Warick saw something that challenged all the reason and ideology he had ever known. She was unbreakable, but she was already so broken. She was whole, yet she was completely shattered. She was so rigid and coarse; however, she was so delicate that the smallest breeze seemed to shake her. Nayeli would not be broken. She would not be hurt by anything. She stood alone.

Warick had never seen anything so perfect in his life. All he knew, however, was that he wanted it; he wanted Nayeli; he would have her somehow. Someday, be that now or months from now. Submissive—or defiant.

At this very moment, though, Warick’s feelings were not of any priority. He could devote himself to this task once he returned home.

Warick squinted as he looked up. He saw the sun begin to creep down behind the mountainous hills in front of him. The golden rays of the sun pierced the looming clouds above, reflecting reds, oranges, and yellows on the white cotton balls, which in turn reflected the lights to the earth. These wee hours of the morning and the last moments of the daylight were Warick’s very favorite times of day: the unnatural beauty of the rising sun gave the world a sharpness he seldom saw. The red hues made the greens sharper; the oranges made the reds come alive; the yellows made the blues around him in the water, the sky, and the little wild flowers pop so wildly that he could scarcely breathe.

Warick rode his horse up to his brother, Hermun, who was in front of the caravan.

“Hermun, we need to find somewhere to stay tonight.”

As the eldest brother of the two, Warick was in charge of the campaign, and as the younger of the two, Hermun was subordinate to Warick. A fact that Hermun venomously disliked and took every opportunity he could to express. Though he was more inconspicuous about it now, Warick was still able to clearly see it in Hermun’s gait as well as everything he did or said.

“What do you want me to do about it, oh brother?” Hermun replied sarcastically.

Warick ignored the bait. “The men need rest after the town. Those have been the most difficult captures that we’ve had to make so far this promotion.”

“That is true. What happened back there?” Hermun gestured behind them with his head.

Warick let his hunger for Nayeli out in a flicker across his face as his unspoken response.