EPILOGUE

I stood in front of the window, looking down at the chairs beginning to be filled with people, here to celebrate Topper and I. After two long years of being engaged, we were finally tying the knot. "Kenz?" Kie knocked on the door, I turned and smiled at her as she walked in, my dress in tow. I clapped my hands together, "are you ready?" Sarah called, walking in behind her, "ready as I'll ever be!" I laughed nervously, allowing them to help me get the dress on and tightened just right.

Pope was going to walk me down the aisle, he was my closest friend, he was truly like a brother too me. He gasped when he saw my rounding the corner to him, "Kenzie, you look amazing." He gave me a gentle hug, not wanting to mess anything up. "Thank you, you clean up pretty good yourself." I teased, fixing his tie, it was just a little bit off centered. "How's Topper?" I asked, he was out on the sand, there was a dune blocking his view of me. "He looks like he's going to explode if we don't hurry this along." Pope laughed, turning back towards me, "are you ready?" He added, meeting my eyes, I hooked our arms together, holding my bouquet up in front of me. "Yes." I whispered, a smile coming across my face as we started walking slowly, as soon as Topper came into my view I met his eyes. He looked up at the sky, blinking some tears away before looking back towards me, "beautiful." He mouthed as we continued our walk, slowly approaching him. Pope and Topper shook hands before I handed Kie my bouquet and grabbed both of Topper's hands, standing in front of him, both of us having giant grins on our faces.

We had opted for a traditional ceremony, not writing our own vows, we both loved what the traditional ones covered and said. Although, I had given him a little speech the day before, telling him how much he means to me, and how I'll always be there for him.

"Do you Topper Thornton, take McKenzie Holmes to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Do you McKenzie Holmes, take Topper Thornton to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"By the power invested in me, I know pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!"

Topper didn't hesitate to cup my face, pulling me in for the best kiss of my entire life, "I love you." He mumbled as he pulled away, a slight blush to both of our faces as cheers erupted around us, "I love you too."