TWENTY FIVE

Thankfully I never had to regret Topper and I drinking that night, it actually ended up being a great Halloween. But now, it was November 15th, my birthday. I was moving in with him on Saturday, it was Thursday, I was beyond nervous and ecstatic all at the same time. I was anxiously awaiting Topper's arrival, my dad insisted on cooking for my birthday, ever since my mom died, he's become very active in the kitchen, it reminded him of her. I assured him he didn't have to, but he insisted over and over, so I agreed, under the condition that he lets me and Topper have him over for thanksgiving. It felt weird to say that at only eighteen, I'm living with my boyfriend and already hosting for holidays, it felt odd but normal all at the same time. My photography business is starting to pick up, with Christmas right around the corner I've been booked up every weekend, except for this weekend, I blocked it out for bookings, needing to adjust to my new home. The doorbell rang, removing me from my thoughts, I opened it to reveal all of my friends, and Topper pulling up in the driveway, "hey!" I greeted them all with a hug, even John B, we had hardly spoken since that day, but we pushed it aside like everything else. I stood by the door as everyone made their way inside, greeting my dad politely, thanking him for having them over. My dad always liked my friends, he didn't care what their financial situation was, as long as they were good people, he cared for them. I listened to everyone chit chatting as I watched Topper walk up the steps, flowers in hand, I smiled at him, "Happy Birthday, pretty girl." He grinned handing me the gorgeous bouquet of roses. "Thank you, baby." I pressed a kiss to his lips, smiling as he gave me a quick squeeze as I pulled away. "You're welcome." He walked behind me, his hand never leaving my back, he shut the door behind us, following me to the kitchen. I pulled a vase out of the cabinet as everyone started wishing me a happy birthday, I thanked them, smiling at the sight in front of me, my friends, my dad and Topper all getting along happily, it was a heart warming night.

Everyone had finished eating and demanded I open my gift, my friends and Topper all went together on it apparently, which made me nervous. My dad had already given me mine, a bracelet with Logan and my moms initials on it. I went wide eyed when Kie and Topper walked in with a fairly large wrapped box, it was flat, but big, like a canvas almost. I gave them a look as they laid it on the table in front of me, everyone anxiously watching me rip open the paper. I gasped, it was a printed canvas of my favorite picture of all of us, we were at the beach, we were already covered in salt water and sand, but I had my camera there and another girl offered to take a picture of all of us. We were all gathered around each other, Topper and I in the middle, Kie to my left, Pope and JJ beside her, John B sticking his head in between Pope and JJ. Rafe and Kelce were to Topper's right, we were all smiling like fools, it was one of the best days I had all summer. "You guys!" I whined tears coming to my eyes as I looked at it, it was beautiful and I already knew exactly were I was going to put it at the new house. "Flip it over." Pope laughed, I shot them an odd look but carefully flipped it over, they had all wrote on the back.

"Happy Birthday to my best girl! Eighteen is going to be a wild ride and I can't wait to see where it takes you! – Love, Kie."

"You're just getting fucking old, I don't know, I guess I love ya too. – Love, JJ"

"My fellow book worm, I can't wait to see where your life takes you, I'll be there every step of the way! – Love, Pope."

"Thanks for always being there for me, I know I don't show it but I love you like a sister. – Love, Booker."

And finally, Topper's.

"Happy eighteenth to my favorite lady, I'm so happy to be able to say you're my girl, I love you, I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! I don't know what I would do without you. – Love, Topper."

I looked to them all with a tearful smile, "I love all of you." I laughed as a tear fell from my eye, I gave them each another hug, saving Topper for last, I gave him a tender kiss, wishing it would last longer but we were surrounded by people, so I pulled away reluctantly, "I love you so much." I whispered, pecking him once more before fully pulling away. "I love you too." He mumbled, smiling as I was so in love with my gift. "Really, it's amazing, thank you." I looked to my friends once more, my dad was smiling at our little group, "happy birthday, honey." He spoke, standing up, "I'm gonna go upstairs, and let you kids have fun." He gave everyone a wave, heading towards the stairs, I smiled, beginning to go back to talking to everyone, about anything and everything. Topper stayed beside me all night, he was the last one to leave of course, and even then it was by me persuading him. "Two more nights, baby, then it'll just be me and you." I mumbled, my lips ghosting over his as he kept pulling me in for kisses. I laughed at his pout over the situation. "So dramatic." I added finally pushing him off of me, "glad to know you love my affection." He teased, slipping his shoes on as I stood by the door watching him, I rolled my eyes. "You know I do, Topper." I laughed, he sighed giving me one last kiss, opening the door, backing out slowly. "Two more nights." He repeated, "two long ass nights." He muttered, trudging to his car.

Normally I don't walk outside to watch him leave but something possessed me too, so I walked out onto the wrap around porch, looking ahead as Topper started his car, slowly driving off with a wave. I was about to go inside when I heard a strange noise, I looked to the left, seeing something laying on the ground, I hesitantly walked over, freezing when I rounded the corner. Not believing what I saw...

a/n oh shiitake mushrooms, what do you think it is??