SIX

"Try not to roll your ankle this time." Topper joked as we walked through the parking lot of the same restaurant he took me to on our date. I rolled my eyes at him, "you're so funny." Sarcasm was dripping from my voice as he grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly, "I know, thank you." He stopped as I stepped up the curb, he was being such a gentleman, it was very attractive. Chivalry isn't dead ladies. "Holmes, for six." My dad spoke to the hostess, Logan and Zoe were walking in behind us, I sighed as I looked at her skimpy dress, it was too revealing, it wasn't attractive in my eyes. Topper gave her a once over and shook his head, "she looks a little trampy." My hand shot to my mouth at his words, my father must've heard him because he cracked a small smile, but didn't say anything, he wasn't wrong. Logan shot me a quick smile as he walked in, Zoe following behind. "Right this way." The hostess spoke, catching all of our attention, we followed her through the surprisingly busy restaurant. Topper was dressed similar to our date night, except he wore khaki slacks. I was wearing a more summery look, since it was an ungodly level of hot outside tonight, I had a yellow sundress on with cork covered wedges. I felt good, comfortable but pretty. Topper pulled my chair out for me, waiting for me to sit in it before sliding it in, my father and Logan did the same for their ladies, at least they were raised to respect women. I smiled at Topper as he sat beside me, his hand resting on my knee under the table, I hadn't realized I was bouncing it until now. Zoe just has an affect on me, I know that every time I see her she'll do or say something rude or stupid that just makes me dislike her even more.

"I'm gonna head to the restroom." Logan spoke, we had just ordered and were waiting on our drinks to be brought out, I watched as he walked off, I turned back to Zoe, watching as she adjusted her dress, surprisingly she hasn't popped out of her dress yet if you know what I mean. The waiter came up, and I couldn't lie, he was a very attractive young man, and I could tell Zoe was thinking the same, my eyes went wide as she laughed when she brushed her hand with his as he placed the drink down. I looked to Topper who nodded, confirming he just saw that, I cleared my throat lightly, catching her attention. She gave me an odd look, as if I was the one in the wrong, I took a sip of my water. "Sorry, had a lump in my throat." I smiled it was fake but of course she didn't notice. Topper let out a breathy chuckle from beside me, thankfully no one noticed. Logan returned, "what'd I miss?" He asked with a smile, "oh nothing." My mom smiled, kicking my leg under the table, I glared at her, "ow." I mouthed, rubbing my calf. She shrugged me off.

"Well, I think we better get going." Logan looked embarrassed as Zoe had about one too many glasses of wine, and by one I mean three. She was wine drunk, it was embarrassing, she looked like she drank a whole keg herself. I gave him a look, "yeah, I think so." I muttered, my dad shooting me a glare as we stood from the table. Topper and I came in his car, which I was glad for, since I don't have to suffer in silence with my parents. "Wanna sit on the beach for a little bit?" Topper offered, whispering in my ear as we headed for the door. I nodded vigorously, "hey, Top and I are gonna hang out on the beach for a little bit." I told my mom, she nodded, "alright, I'll see you later." She didn't mind that I was staying with Topper, she liked him.

"Hang on." I told Topper as he went to walk on to the sand, I couldn't walk in the sand with wedges on. I grabbed his shoulder, balancing on one foot as I undid the strap, sliding the shoe off before doing the same to the other foot. "Thanks." I smiled at him, he was waiting patiently, smiling as I did my little routine. "Of course." He laughed, grabbing my hand as we walked down the sand. "Have you ever gone night swimming?" I smirked at him as I got an adventurous idea, I needed to unwind after today. "Sure have.." he trailed off as he watched me pull the dress up and over my head. "Shit." He whispered eyes scanning over my body, he watched as I began walking backwards towards the water, "you coming?" I called, laughing as he began to unbutton his shirt as quickly as he could. He was tripping over his pants as he shoved them down his legs, running towards me. I shrieked when he pulled me down into the water for a moment, I resurfaced and smiled as his hair stuck to the front of his face. It sounded cheesy but the way the moon was lighting up his face was beautiful, "what?" I whispered as he pushed my wet hair back, "you're so beautiful." He sounded so sincere as he met my eyes, I smiled softly. "Really?" I couldn't keep the words from coming out of my mouth, no ones ever told me that, so sincerely, yes my parents have always told me I'm pretty, and Logan has complemented me once or twice, but does it really count if it's family. "Of course." He cupped my face, I swear if I wasn't in the water I'd have melted into a puddle by now. "I really want to kiss you." He mumbled, making a laugh escape my lips, "you don't need permission to kiss me." I smiled as he leaned in, it was a soft but passionate kiss. His hands went down to my hips, pulling me against him, I wrapped my arms around his neck, squealing in surprise when he grabbed my thighs, making my legs wrap around him. I pulled away, resting my forehead on his, "not yet." I whispered, fearing his reaction but he nodded, "okay." His hands stayed on my thighs, which was fine, I enjoyed being this close to him. This time I was the one to move his hair back, I gave him a quick peck before leaning back into the water, laughing as he released me sending me into the dark cold water. It was a good night.

a/n so much heartbreak coming up y'all are gonna hate me