Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Nicholai’s POV

“Nyx!”

Fine…no one appreciates the fine art of dramatic pausing anymore. Nicholai is able to change into one animal from each species. He also has certain abilities from various mythical creatures that you’re going to have to figure out by yourself.’

Wait. I don’t understand. What exactly can I change into?”

Out of the canine family you can only change into one animal. So if you choose to change into a wolf you can only be a wolf. In the feline family if you decide to turn into a kitten your feline animal will forever be a cute little kitten. Do you understand?’

That’s pretty cool…” I murmured to no one in particular.

I thought you would like it.’ She spoke with amusement in her voice.

“So that means that you and I can run through the forest as wolves?” Damien asked excitedly.

“Or you can sprint through the night with me.” Imani purred in my ear.

“Hush the both of you.” I whisper shouted as I swatted the both of them away from me.

Most of this you will have to figure out on your own but the rest of it your mates, family and I are here to help. That is all I will tell you for now. I will be keeping a close eye on you Nicholai.’ She said one last time before there was silence.

I’m…I’m a shifter.” I muttered to myself.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to explain this or deal with any of it. I thought things were happening fast before but now I felt like I wasn’t even living this life. I was just spectating as things happened to me. Covering my eyes with both my hands I let out a heavy sigh before dragging my hands down my face. This was a lot to take in.

On one hand I was super excited that I was now a shifter and not just any shifter but a special kind. But on the other hand it would mean that there is something extremely new in my life again. I’m still trying to get used to have mates and now I have to figure out how to be a shifter on top of all that?

“Are you okay babe?” Damien asked wrapping his arms around me. I felt warm, safe and secure in his arms. Letting out another sight I looked up at him and just nodded my head in response.

“How about we go back to sleep though? This day has worn me out.” I chuckled before pulling out of Damien’s arms and walking back into the room, closely followed by my mates.

Mateus climbed back into his spot next to me burying his face in the crook of my neck. Damien laid down behind me, wrapping his arms around me and throwing a leg over my own. Imani scooted up behind Damien latching onto his back to make sure he didn’t fall off the bed. After a while I could hear soft purring coming from Imani and Mateus was snoring so loud paint was literally being chipped off the walls by it.