Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Nicholai's POV

I was staring into the eyes of the monster that woke me up this morning. Imagine stretching out all the kinks in your back as the sun pours into the window. Opening your eyes to find that at the foot of your bed is a larger than normal dark brown wolf sleeping there as if it was his bed.

I would have screamed if it wasn't for the fact that I was terrified that he might kill me. I mean the thing looked almost like a bear lying on my bed. Instead I stayed absolutely still barely breathing in case it could hear that too. When it shifted my breath would catch in my throat before it settled again.

When it finally woke up it looked straight at me as if realizing that I was awake and I promise on my life that it smiled at me. Funny thing is I didn't know they could do that. It padded its way across the small distance between me and him and sat down in front of me just staring. And that is the position we have been in for the last ten minutes.

What's even worse is that I have two guys in the house with me and I can't get to either of them because of the huge wolf practically sitting on my lap. Last night I had to pry Devon off of me and now he was nowhere to be found.

"Hey...um...doggy...” he growled at that, "SORRY! Um...wolfy?" At that he yipped.

“Well Wolfy since you don’t seem to be trying to kill me how about letting me up for a bit so that I can go find my friends?” He growled lowly. I guess that’s a no.

“Well then how about we swap stories?” Tilting his head to the side I guess that was a yes.

“I guess I’ll start then. Hi I’m Nicholai, I’m nineteen and I just moved here. You’ve probably lived here for a while considering you’re a wolf…a very large one albeit. Anyways I was dropped off here by my family without any real reason besides it’s what’s best for me.

Oh wait I forgot to tell you. Before that there were these two guys. They’re both very good looking to be honest. Imani is very tall and lean but by no means is he not well defined. He has abs for days. He’s very sweet but he hides his emotions very well. I like him because he tends to be able to keep things in check very well."

At the end of my small rant about Imani Wolfy bent down lower and growled lightly. I guess he didn't like the fact that I liked Imani in some sort of way. Well I wasn't too pleased about it either but I was getting used to it. And why would a strange wolf care who I did and did not like?

"Well next is Damien." At that the large wolf sat straight up and looked as if he was listening attentively to what I had to say about Damien. Interesting

"Damien is...well Damien. He's strong, I can tell because of his build, but he doesn't use it against anyone. I can tell that he has a kind heart because he's always asking how I am or how I feel. It doesn't hurt that he has amazingly green eyes much like yours wolfy. Except his are more vibrant."

He yipped happily when I was done talking about Damien. If anyone came in here right now and saw me talking to a huge wolf that was just sitting on my bed like a lap dog then they'd have me committed. But I needed someone to talk to about all of this and since I no longer had my family or my friends a large wolf that came out of nowhere was as good a talking buddy as anyone. Besides if I was going to die at the paws of this wolf then somebody needed to know my story.

"So then I get here meet Mateus and find out that this huge house is pretty much mines to do as I please. He's pretty cool too except that I don't think he likes too many people and he likes to keep to himself mostly. He especially can't stand this kid Devon; I can see it in his eyes whenever he talks.