Chapter 40

"-going to kill him." A voice growled out murderously.

"Stop." Imani sighed.

"How can you tell me to stop? Why aren't you as mad as Damien and I?" Mateus questioned.

"Because our mate is lying there unconscious. I'm mad but I'm more concerned with finding a way to wake him." Imani replied calmly and I felt someone's hand running down the side of my face.

"Fine. I won't do anything crazy right now but as soon as Nick is awake I'm going to go kill that bastard." Mateus snapped.

Rolling over in the soft bed that I was laying in I groaned feeling a sharp pain shoot up from my arm. With another whimper I rolled back over into my original position and took a deep breath before actually opening my eyes to see my three mates staring back at me.

All three of them looked horrible standing around the bed. Damien and Mateus had obviously been pacing at the end of the bed while Imani was standing next to the side where I was laying. None of them looked like they had slept in weeks and Mateus, although he looked relieved, still looked like he was seconds away from killing someone.

With a deep sigh I sunk back down into the soft bed that swallowed me up and enjoyed the feeling of my tense and pained body relaxing. My mind went back to the last thing that I remembered before waking up here and I groaned before focusing on the the pairs of anxious eyes staring back at me.

"Hi." I squeaked out.

"We were so worried about you!" Cried Damien as he pushed past Mateus and climbed onto the bed I was lying on.

His movements jostled the bed and for a second I winced before the pain was pushed back in my mind. However Damien had already noticed and he seemed to have calm down as he eased his way closer being completely wary of my arm.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Why? It wasn't your fault. That bastard Markus attacked you." Damien growled.

No doubt he was currently thinking of several different ways to torture Markus and repay him for the damage he had done to me. Shaking my head I held up my other hand to stop whatever he was planning on saying next.

"Yes but it is my fault that he lost his wife." I replied quietly.

"Is that what you think? You think it's your fault babe?" Damien questioned as he kneeled on the bed beside me.

Grabbing my face he turned my head to look at him. With his large green eyes staring down at me I tried to look away. I knew what he was going to say before he said it. He was going to tell me that I shouldn't think it was my fault because I had no control over Alpha Sergei's actions.

"You shouldn't think it's your fault babe because you have no control over what Alpha Sergei does." Damien told me.

See. Do I know my man or do I know my man?

"Honestly Damien it doesn't even matter because what's done is done. Two packs have already been kidnapped and shifters have been hurt and it is all because of me. If he wasn't looking for me then no one would be hurt or gone right now. Markus has every right to be mad at me." I answered.

Damien's hands fell from my face and he simply stared at me as if I had lost my mind. He just didn't understand where I was coming from and didn't understand what was going on in my head but I don't think he cared either way.

"I still don't agree with you but I won't fight you about it because I'm just glad that you're awake." Damien sighed as he crawled forward and pulled me into an awkward hug.