Chapter 39

Sitting there in the bedroom I groaned after hearing all that Devon and Jenny had recounted about what they had seen. After everything they had said I was sure that it was Alpha Sergei that had done the same thing to Imani's family and pack.

The gruesome details that were recounted to us from the two of them made my blood run cold. The survivors of the pack were terrified when Jenny and Devon got there. They even went so far as to attack Jenny and Devon when they first arrived.

What was left of that pack were surviving on what they had there but they were on edge. Jenny explained that they refused to leave the main house because it was the only place on their land that was completely fortified.

"So what are we going to do?" Devon questioned as he stretched out on the floor besides the bed.

"Well first we need to move what's left of the pack over here so that we can all help each other out." I spoke up.

"I'm not sure how well of an idea that is." Jenny grumbled.

"Why not? That sounds like a great idea to me." I pouted.

"Although Damien and Imani seem to get a long and Jenny and I are definitely in love not all wolves and feline shifters get along. Most of them don't trust each other and it's usually a problem for them to be around each for too long." Devon explained.

"Really? Well they'll have to get over it because we need as much help as possible to defeat this guy." I huffed.

"I agree with Nick. They're going to have to learn to get along because each of us has lost someone and in order to get them back we need to work together." Mateus spoke up.

"Do you even have enough space for everyone here?" Devon questioned.

"Most definitely not. However, I'm sure that we can hire someone to build a few extra rooms." Imani replied.

"No need. I know someone who knows someone who can help." I smiled.

"Huh?" Damien questioned tilting his head to side.

"Who do you know that knows someone who knew someone that...wait, I think I messed up somewhere." Jenny replied with a pout.

"Remember who I'm related to? I'm sure we can get some help from them to at least get a few places built quickly. I mean they got to know Hephaestus." I replied.

"I completely forgot about that. We can just call Aiden and your uncles for help." Mateus chimed in.

"Uncle Aiden is coming over?" Owen replied as he hopped onto the bed where Damien and I were sitting.

Eventually the rest of them piled onto the bed, even Declan who usually tries to act like he's cooler than that. Rue laid her head on Imani's lap and Takaya sat beside her while Declan sat beside me and Owen who was now sitting in my lap.

"Yes he may be coming back over." Imani answered him as he ran his fingers through the red head's hair.

"Oh, Devon and Jenny this is Owen, Declan, Takaya, and Rue; our kids." I pointed at each of them as I introduced them.

"Well Owen and Declan I knew about but when did you get two more kids?" Devon asked surprised.

"It's a long story and I for one do not want to explain it right now. What we need to do is get these homes built as soon as possible so that we can start moving people around. I'm going to go call my brother and see if they can help." I answered before standing up with Owen in my arms.