Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Damien's POV

A body curled into me. A face rubbing across my bare chest made me growl lowly as I woke up. I loved the feeling of the warm body pressed up against me. Hopefully it was Nicholai. There was no delicious tingles running through my body like when I first met Nic so it couldn't have been him.

Whoever it was there body felt so right against mines. Nuzzling my face into the soft flesh next to me I felt content. Then there was a sharp pain in my chest making me flinch. Opening my eyes I realized who the person clawing my chest was.

"What the hell are you doing clawing me Imani?"

"Funny. I was going to ask you why you were holding onto me for dear life." He said looking down to where my arms were wrapped around him.

Letting go immediately I moved away from him just a bit but not before the corners of his lips curled up into a smug smirk. That's the problem with cats always thinking that they're better than everyone else. Which is the main reason we tend to keep our distance from them.

"You were dreaming about him too weren't you?"

"Maybe."

"No need to be embarrassed ever since I met him I've been doing nothing but dreaming about him. The way his hair falls messily to one side. How when he genuinely smiles his nose scrunches up. How his face lights up when he sees his family and when he is truly happy."

His voice trailed off as well as his thoughts. I could tell how he had already grown attached to our human mate. He was incredible in every way. There was nothing that I didn't like about him. His soft eyes, his taut muscles, and even the way his lips pressed together firmly when he was thinking hard about something.

"Wait if he's not here then where is he?"

"I don't know actually, I can't feel him in the house." Imani said with a worried glance to the door.

He had the same thought that I was having right now. We needed to find him. Even if I didn't particularly like Imani...who am I kidding? I hated Imani. Ever since we were younger I've hated him. His people and my people didn't get along at all.

You know how naturally some animals don't get along? Well that was us. As wolves we kept our distance from them as well as they kept from us. Imani was next in line to be their leader as I was next in line to be mines.

When we were younger we were the first ones in our respective families to be able to change into our different forms. One day I caught him off guard in the forest and that was the first time I had ever seen a cat scurry up a tree so fast. He was there all night.

The next day he managed to attack me from that same tree. Leaping from one of the branches he drug his claws through my back. Leaving long bloody slashes down my back. Since I was so young they didn't heal for about two months. Since then we've been enemies.

As soon as my father found that I was ready he would relinquish his title and let me control our people. The same was probably true for Imani. This whole situation would be very difficult. Me a wolf and Imani a jaguar both with a human mate.

"We need to go find out where he is." I whispered more to myself than to him.

"Well first we need to get out of this bed and then we need to actually put on some decent clothes."

Looking down at my body I realized that he was right. We were both in our boxers with about a foot between us on the bed. Throwing my legs over the side of the bed I stretched one time arching my back before climbing off heading to the en suite bathroom picking up his clothes along the way.