Preview for Otherworldly Darkness

The wind swirled around him circling his delicate features, embracing him like I wish I could do right now. He stood there in the open field just staring at me through the glass smiling, almost tauntingly, as I sat caged inside this room waiting for my dad to stop speaking. Damien tended to go on and on during these meetings simply because he gets sidetracked every now and again with a different story.

Looking over to the other Alphas in the meeting I smiled to see that every one of them were either falling asleep or occupying themselves with something else. Even my other dads were staring at him as if to get him to shut up. Mentally I laughed at the look on Imani's face as he rolled his eyes at yet another story that was about to be told. None of that fazed my dad though he just kept at it as if they were paying attention.

I guess that's one thing I love about my parents. They don't care. They didn't care that Owen and I were pretty much the cause of our parents’ deaths. They didn't care what anyone else thought of their mating. They didn't even care that Damien tried to kill them on several occasions with his experimental cooking. It was just a trait that they all had. They handled each problem as it arose and never worried about more than they should.

"Well that was a wonderful speech Damien." Mateus, my other dad cut in. "Now if there is no further business I think we should cut this little meeting short and get on with life." The whole room erupted in pointless chatter as everyone got up from their seats discussing what had just been said.

Most of the Alpha's were just here to check in while others came to hear new ideas that my dads' had. A lot of them were around my fathers' age but there were a handful that were about the age of Owen and I, so we all got along pretty well. As soon as I heard the dismissal my first instinct was to jump out of the nearest window, shift and run after Owen but Nicholai definitely wouldn't like that.

"Declan..." My name rolled off of his tongue so easily and so smoothly it was like Heaven to me.

"Hello Owen." I spun around in my chair and came face to face with those big blue eyes that so long ago captivated me. He smiled warmly at me as I got up from the seat that I had been painfully sitting in for the last two and a half hours.

"How was the meeting?" He asked knowing exactly how the meeting went.

"Boring. I wish they'd let us go to these meetings together again." I whined.

"Well you should have thought about that before you practically molested me in front of everybody." He chastised me placing one hand on his hip while pushing his one finger in my face as if I was a little boy being scolded by his mother.

"I can't help that you're so adorable. My body has a mind of its own sometimes." I smirked at him as I snapped my jaw at his finger causing him to snatch it back quickly glaring at me.

==================================

It won't be written for a while but I just wanted to give you a little taste of what it will be like. I hope you've enjoyed Otherworldly Mates and I hope that you'll love this new story as well.