Epi

“Why not?” Owen whined.

“Because I said no and you’re way too old to be whining like you’re seven still.” I replied trying to hide a smile.

“Just because I’m fourteen doesn’t mean I can’t act like I’m seven. I still look like I’m ten and when I act like it I can get whatever I want.” He smiled.

“I’m glad you let me know that and now I know not to give you anything.” I laughed.

“So, why can’t Declan and I go out tonight?” He questioned again.

“You’re only fourteen and you want to go out at night, by yourself, on a date. Just stay here where we can keep a close eye on you and know that you’re not doing anything illegal.” Imani replied as he walked into our bedroom shirtless.

The scar from the fight all them years ago was still there and I was okay with it but at some times I felt horrible that I was the cause of it. He would wave it off as nothing but after waiting two weeks for both of them to wake up I was more than guilty about what had happened.

Luckily enough for us Sergei was gone. He was dead. There was nothing left of him but Than let me know that he was being held in the darkest parts of the Underworld that was controlled by his mother, Nyx. Contrary to what I believed she was a lot more dangerous then I thought. She was a ruthless woman when she wanted to be and I would make sure to never cross her.

"We're not going to do anything bad besides it won't just be us." Declan strolled in and answered for Owen.

"Really? Who else is going with you?" I asked.

"Rue and Kaya are coming along too." He replied.

"Well then that changes...nothing. If anything it makes it worse. You know when Rue get's wound up that we can barely control her and we're Alphas." Damien called out from the bathroom.

After everything that had happened we Damien and Imani each challenged their father's for the Alpha title. It was more for formalities than anything because I'm sure they were ready to give up the title after seeing everything we were capable of.

We ended up keeping the separate communities where they were for the extended pack we gained from attacking Sergei's camp. There were so many shifters there that were being held captive by him and none of them had anywhere else to go so they stayed with us.

Neither of the small towns were segregated anymore. Feline and Canine shifters lived in both places and got along well. There were rarely any problems and each had set up their own little communities without any help from us. Their parents stayed in their perspective towns and remained their as our representatives and they would report back to us periodically.

"Hey! I'm not that bad." Rue shouted from the hallway.

"You two might as well come in here so we can have a proper discussion before we leave for the night." Imani told them as Damien strolled into our bedroom as well.

Rue's bright red hair caught my attention as she pushed the door open and sauntered in with an always vigilant Kaya behind her with an expressionless look on his face as he approached the bed. Both of them climbed on the bed beside me and Owen as Declan stood beside his little mate who was still pleading with me.Damien and Imani walked into the closet rifling through our things to find clothes for themselves as Mateus rolled over on the bed groaning.

"Is there any reason why we've decided to have a meeting in our bedroom right now? I'm tired and worn out."

"Ew!" All four kids chorused at once.

"Not from that! Get your minds out the gutters you perverts!" Damien retorted. "We've been training all day with the pack guardians and you would know that had you been at the training like you were supposed to be." He scolded them.