Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After I got over the fact that my family was composed of Greek gods the rest of the night was actually going very well. Everyone was loosening up thanks to the alcohol and we were having a great time. Currently I was lying on the grass staring up at the stars as the music and laughter drifted from the house.

I was delightfully buzzed but not truly drunk. Staring into the night sky I felt like it was about time for me to tell my family what was going on in my mind. Rolling over in the grass and fighting to stand up I finally managed to get up.

Stumbling a bit my body swayed to the side as I squinted then widened my eyes trying to see things a bit clearer. No luck there everything was still blurry as hell. Taking a step at a time slowly I made my way back to the house.

Sliding open the back door I was bombarded with the chatter of a group of half-drunk people. Listening closely I laughed to myself when the majority of the conversations didn't make much sense. Then again if I had a conversation with anybody right now it definitely would be a confusing mess.

"Hey babe." Someone whispered in my ear and immediately I knew that it was Damien. He was the one person I've ever known to call me babe and regardless of how I felt about it he wouldn't stop. At first I hated it but then the more he said it was the more it began to creep into me warming my heart.

I didn't like the fact that a part of me was reacting to him so much. I would have to keep myself far away from him for a while now and that was going to be difficult considering he and Imani tend to show up wherever I was.

Damien was first at my party with his haunting green eyes. Then I drop off Jenny and I meet Imani who took my breath away. When I first saw either of them I couldn't get them out of my mind and the way they were so possessive over me was incredibly annoying.

My feelings toward them were so very conflicted. There was something in me that needed to be with them and secretly happy when they showed up here at the house but the rational side of me saw them as an enemy to my manliness.

"What do you want Damien?"

"I just want to dance with you on your birthday. Can I just have that?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I said no. If you ask me a question and I give you an answer don't start questioning the answer."

Making my way over to Aphros I left before he had a chance to say anything else. Aphros was eyeing me curiously as he watched the whole exchange between me and Damien. When I got closer to him he patted his knee expecting me to sit down on it as if he was Santa and I was a five year old.

"Come on just sit down you stubborn little boy." he said jokingly.

"Umm...how about no." I responded sitting down on the floor in front of him. Rolling his eyes he scooted to the edge of the seat resting his hands on his knees as he stared down at me.

"So what do you think about Damien and Imani?"

"What kind of stupid question is that?"

"It's not a stupid question now just answer it!"

"They freak me out. They both act like they know me and that I belong to them. They do the most bizarre things when they're around me that I don't get nor do I like."

"Like what?" Aphros asked curiously.

"Well...Imani got real mad at the hotel and pretty much pounced on me. He buried his face in my neck and just sat there until Damien banged on the door trying to get in. Then when Damien got to me he was holding my face like I was his most prized possession and then he called me....babe." I shuddered at the last word.