Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Pulling up in front of Hale’s house we all hopped out the car before walking up to the house. I always loved Hale’s house. Like ours it was on the beach and it was always amazing. When we were younger me and my friends would always come over here to hang out whenever we weren’t at home.

Pushing the door open Andre pushed past me screaming and running into the house. This was like our second home so we acted like we owned the place. We wrecked it on occasion only to have Hale scream at us and then force Hale to make us clean it up.

“FAMILY! WE’RE HERE!” Andre screamed.

“Come out back and stop all that screaming!” Hale shouted from outside.

The next thing we heard was a smack and Hale whining about all the abuse he’s suffered lately. No doubt Kai just slapped him for screaming right next to him. They were so cute together but they acted more like horny teenagers than responsible adults most of the time.

“Hey you guys.”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Everyone sung as soon as they saw me coming out the back of the house.

“Thanks.”

"So how's your birthday been so far?" Aiden asked me.

As soon as he said it my smile faltered just a bit at the thought of Imani's alluring golden eyes and Damien's husky voice, both that made my heart stop. Damien was the strong demanding type and for some reason whenever he told me to do something I had a strong urge to do it.

Imani however seemed like the cold, calculating type. Even when we were in the hotel room the only time he showed any emotion is when Jenny was telling him that story. Otherwise he was quite composed and relaxed.

"Earth to Nicky..." Aiden was waving his hand in front of my face as everyone else stared at me curiously except for Jace and Andre. They already experience enough to shock them tonight, so to them me spacing out was nothing.

"It's...umm...been interesting."

"What does that mean?" Aiden asked nervously.

"I just met a few interesting people today that's all. Why are you so nervous all of the sudden?"

"All will be explained later." He said mysteriously while waving his hands around weirdly.

"Whatever." I laughed shaking my head at his nonsense. Walking over to the tables that were pushed together into one long table I plopped down next to Bythos. Reaching up he ruffled my hair to which I had to smack his hand away.

"What is with you people and doing that. It takes hours to get this fresh out the shower look!"

"You're so weird Nicholai."

"And you're not?"