Forty-seven

It's Sunday and niyaya ako ni Deanna to attend the mass. Pumayag naman ako tsaka iniisip ko din na maybe it's a good opportunity for me to talk to her about my plans.

Sinundo niya ako sa unit ni Jia and we went to the parking lot.

"Bago?" I asked while she's opening the door for me.

It was a band new black Camry.

"Yeah, used all of my pay sa hospital." She chuckled.

Napatango ako na nakangiti. Maybe kasi I'm thinking that this car is something na di galing kay Bea. It was from her own pocket.

Amoy ko pa ang bagong kotse pagkaupo sa passenger seat.

Pagkaupo nya sa driver seat ay inisstart nya agad ang kotse. After a couple of minutes ay tinanong nya ako kung ready na ako tsaka niya sinimulang paandarin ang sasakyan.

"I want to make sure you're the first person to ride with me." nakangiting sabi ni Deanna as she drives palabas ng parking lot.

"Wow! It's an honour naman na maging first passenger mo." tugon ko.

She just chuckled and continued driving. Kita ko sa mga ngiti nya ang excitement at saya. Actually, ang gaan ng aura nya ngayon. I just hope maging maayos ang pag uusap namin mamaya. Ayaw ko na sana syang saktan, pero kailangan to.

Nakatulog ako sa byahe, pag gising ko ay nakapark na kami sa labas ng isang simbahan. Medyo nagmasid muna ako and I realized na first time ko sa lugar na yun. I fixed myself and then she helped me get off the car.

Naglakad kami papunta sa loob ng simbahan.

"This is the San Agustine Church. One of the churches here in Intramuros." She whispered as we walk to seat on one of the pews.

She made a genuflect before she took her seat and so I followed her.

I decided to pray while we wait for the mass to start.

Lord, I just want to thank you for everything. For never giving up on me. I pray for you to guide Bea and her journey with her family. I know nasaktan ko siya and I hope she recovers soon. Also, I ask you to guide me. Deanna deserves all the love, and I wanted to give her my 101%. But in order for me to do that I need to totally heal and be sure of what I really want in life. I came here in Manila to fulfil my dream and further my studies pero I hit some bumps along the way. I need to focus muna. To love, appreciate and care for my self more before I do that to others.

Deanna was also praying beside me. I wonder what she is praying for. Nauna akong umupo and sumunod naman siya.

Saglit kaming nabalot ng katahimikan bago siya bumulong.

"Ate Bei leaves today with mom and dad. I prayed for them to have a safe flight and for ate to be okay soon..." 

Napatingin ako sa kanya kea tumitig din siya sa akin. Hindi ko alam gaano kataagal until she finally asked me.

"Do you want us to go to the airport and bid them goodbye?"

As if she read my mind well.

"I know you still care for ate, and I do too. Wala naman masama to say goodbye kasi we may not be able to see them for a while." she continued.

My mouth can't seem to utter a word, so I allowed my head to nod.

She smiled and took my hand to gave it a squeeze.